Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nov/Dec '18 Lite Challenge: Frozen

I like it! The entrance is open with no protections, so who knows what is down there now.

Guild Artisan

Thanks Bogie. I appreciate it.
    I wanted to puts some busted beams along the top, but think I need to focus on the snow first. Being open like that I assume snow and ice would have built up all over the place, making those stairs pretty click going down.

Impressive! I wouldn't go down those steps, not least because I hate the cold or because I don't trust statues..

Great work on this so far! The tree still looks a little 'artificial' to me right now (it's almost more like a crack in the ground?), but I'm assuming you're not quite done with this yet . Great textures on this overall, I love how the ice and especially the dark stone of the temple look.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Artisan

Quote Originally Posted by MapMappingMapped View Post
    Impressive! I wouldn't go down those steps, not least because I hate the cold or because I don't trust statues..
    Thanks. Hopefully I can make them a little more hazardous in the next couple days. Deadline approaching though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Great work on this so far! The tree still looks a little 'artificial' to me right now (it's almost more like a crack in the ground?), but I'm assuming you're not quite done with this yet . Great textures on this overall, I love how the ice and especially the dark stone of the temple look.
    Thanks. I have to agree with you the Tree is still off. Top down trees are such a pain, always look like spiders, lol. I have a couple I am working on that should improve it. Going to try and cheat the top down view by a couple degrees and see if that gives it more depth. And roughing up the bark should add some character to it.

Guild Artisan

Alright, Been working a bit on it. Nothing for certain yet. Adding some snow, frost, ice to the temple. Added a temporary Title for now, and started working on a new tree.

Let me know what you think. Not sure if I am going forward or backwards at this point. I have attached both photos for reference.

Attachment 111940

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Frozen Vegetation10.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	111966
    Last edited by Kier; 12-10-2018 at 09:40 PM.

The new one looks much better. The bark on the tree makes all the difference. The ice on the stairs make them look nice and treacherous. My only complaint, is lose the grid. It takes to much away from the graphic goodness. Add it back in later if you need it for gaming.

Guild Artisan

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    The new one looks much better. The bark on the tree makes all the difference. The ice on the stairs make them look nice and treacherous. My only complaint, is lose the grid. It takes to much away from the graphic goodness. Add it back in later if you need it for gaming.
    Thanks Bogie. I had to cheat on the tree and make the bark bigger than normal or it smoothed over too much at the actual size I think it should be, but rather pleased with it.

Total agreement with the grid. I like it, to make sure I am in scale, and they make sense for playing, but hate them with a passion in my work, lol.

Looking really good Kier.

I'd agree with losing the grid too. It's a little distracting, and as Bogie said you can always add it back on later when you use it for gaming.

Guild Artisan

Alright. Calling this one quits for now. For the most part rather pleased with it.

Story behind it? Don't really have one. Basically a temple frozen in ice, only top exposed. I have some ideas kicking around that I might expand on and map into the hidden depths in the future, but for now she is done.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Frozen Vegetation11a.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	922.4 KB 
ID:	112049

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast