Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Low Countries & Periphery, c. 1584

Tedious work continues.
    Attempting to track down battles, naval battles, and seiges.

Photoshop is hating me at this point, even splitting the map into multiple component files!

Stripping out some of the not-vital elements of the map like the natural vegetation and physical features, along with provincial names. Those can live on the much less information dense map that will be accompanying this that will focus on that provincial level.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RNMap-LC-WIP-2019-11Nov20.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	414.4 KB 
ID:	118981
    Current Project: The Low Countries & Their Periphery, c. 1584

Do you like Renaissance and early modern history? Check out my Facebook page, Renaissance Netherlands with Will Phillips.

Circling back to this project (thanks Coronavirus).

Not much to see at a high level here, other than the legend getting cleaned up.

Still a lot of fiddly, time-intensive work of tracking the locations of battles and sieges.

Still.. actually getting close on this one!

Name:	RNMap-LC-WIP-2020-04Apr05.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	121405

Do you like Renaissance and early modern history? Check out my Facebook page, Renaissance Netherlands with Will Phillips.

Spent time finishing up most of the city labels (although I think I should flesh out the German, French, and English locations a bit more).

I pulled out the French and German regional borders as they ultimately didn't add to what the map is communicating. So that streamlines things a bit, which is helpful given how information-dense this one is.

Also got the inset map mostly done.

Added the texture back in.

I'm so close to being done!

Name:	RNMap-LC-WIP-2020-04Apr07.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	2.65 MB 
ID:	121451

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123