Thread: Hogsmeade

Default Hogsmeade

Hey Guild !

Trying to not just forgot to post it as I usually do, here is my Hogsmeade map for the November 2018 challenge.

For those who wonder how the labels work : well, Hogsmeade being a wizard town, here is a wizard map, so just point the scrolls with your wand and the map will show you the path with cute tiny footprints

Usual informations :
    - A4 size 300dpi,
    - Hand drawn in Photoshop CC2019 using a Wacom Cintiq Pro 16,
    - WIP thread here.
    - Map inspired from J.K.Rowling Harry Potter books.

It's been a while since I had this map in mind and wanted to try a closer perspective view for a town map (well... let's say a "village map" here ^^). I think those fancy houses and crazy chimneys were the top 1 for the pleasure I had to draw them ! I definitely had a great time while working on this one
    So, this was a fun experiment for different reasons : the close perspective, but also the first time I explored a known universe for my own pleasure (which is a very different point of view !), and as always I took the occasion to try a slighly different style & technique than usual.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hogsmeade_by_MistyBeee.JPG 
Views:	537 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	111811

Hope you'll love it !

And if you're interested, the map was just added on my InPrnt shop !

I won't bother repeating myself, you already know how I feel about this piece. Glad to see it getting a proper thread in the Finished maps section as well.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Magnificent piece Misty! The houses are amazing; I just love the pointy roofs and odd chimneys! The layout of the village is great too. Simple, but great. And also very clever what you did with the border

EDIT: Of course I can not rep you, you just produce too many amazing maps in too little time!

This map is a feast!
    I love that you put the banners to the side, leaving the main body of the map nice and clean.
    I love the architectural design of the houses that's whimsical yet believable as something that could be real.
    I love the soft colours that are soft and pleasant to look at for as long as I'd like.
    I love the tekst in the border, and laughed when I realised what it actually was.
    I love the little scratches and textures that make it look like an old mural.
    And there's sooo much more in there!
    I have a deviantART and an Instagram! Shiny

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

This map is soooo cool, I really like it. Sorry I flipped / freaked out during Repping the map...
    Wow. Just wow. Somehow, I like everything about it. And the typo is even in perspective, FFS!?
    Visit me on ArtStation.

As said before, exceptional.
    Also, even though from a pop lore, quite original.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    I won't bother repeating myself, you already know how I feel about this piece. Glad to see it getting a proper thread in the Finished maps section as well.
    Hehe, it's enough for me ! Thanks so much for taking the time to be kind everywhere ! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    Magnificent piece Misty! The houses are amazing; I just love the pointy roofs and odd chimneys! The layout of the village is great too. Simple, but great. And also very clever what you did with the border

EDIT: Of course I can not rep you, you just produce too many amazing maps in too little time!
    So happy to see you love it !!
    Hehe, I use to say to myself every single day I should be more productive and post more of my work here... I assume I was wrong !

Quote Originally Posted by Sapiento View Post
    Excellent map!
    Thanks a lot Sapiento !

Quote Originally Posted by Rochnan View Post
    This map is a feast!
    I love that you put the banners to the side, leaving the main body of the map nice and clean.
    I love the architectural design of the houses that's whimsical yet believable as something that could be real.
    I love the soft colours that are soft and pleasant to look at for as long as I'd like.
    I love the tekst in the border, and laughed when I realised what it actually was.
    I love the little scratches and textures that make it look like an old mural.
    And there's sooo much more in there!
    I looove you love it so much !

Quote Originally Posted by SteffenBrand View Post
    This map is soooo cool, I really like it. Sorry I flipped / freaked out during Repping the map...
    Wow. Just wow. Somehow, I like everything about it. And the typo is even in perspective, FFS!?
    My biggest, biggest thanks for the kind words, Steffen ! And yes, perspective typo, because it's fun, and because... I'm that beee, totally obsessed with details aaaaall the time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lazy One View Post
    As said before, exceptional.
    Also, even though from a pop lore, quite original.
    Thanks Laz' (hope you're not against the short version of your name, because you're just definitely not 'lazy') ! It's certain types of circumstances which pushed me to be interested into those universes, mostly because I'm often commissioned for drawing maps from video games or books (I'm about to start a Witcher III map later this month), and I wanted to see, for once, how it would be to work on a known universe just for myself and check if it would be different and how. And now I know... it is different, and it's great !

Somewhere dark and rather dangerous...and also inhabited by these confounded mosquitoes.

I really like it even though I'm not a Harry Potter fan, but I'd really like to know which buildings are which. Maybe you could do the ol' corresponding number thing.

This looks really incredible! I love the way the banners just have such a Harry Potter feel to them, like it seems like something you'd see in the Harry Potter universe.