Thread: Ossimos (Oct/nov' 18 Lite Challenge)

Guild Artisan Guild Supporter Tenia's Avatar

Default Ossimos (Oct/nov' 18 Lite Challenge)

Before I forget
    The thread is here, with toponymy explained : https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=42634
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IleDeNullePart9.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	111867

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Great map, the line art is very well done!

I already told it, but this one has a real charm : the colors, simple and clean design work very well. Congrats, and have some more rep !

I like the lines economy there! The shades on the font might look a bit out of place maybe? Considering how flat the colouring is in the rest of the map, i mean.

Looking at your map made me think of a recent read I had. "Les Rois du Monde" by Jean-Philippe Jaworski so, I think you did a great job with the names. And, BTW, you did a great job with hte map too. Bravo !

I'm in love with your beautiful, carefully crafted lineart! I think as a whole the piece could maybe use... something more to it, although I'm not entirely certain what that something is. Looking at it now, after a little break, I get this odd sense that it looks a tiny bit unfinished somehow, but I can't put my finger on what I think it's missing. I don't know. It's most likely just me being weird.

Even with that, I stand by my earlier words: my favorite of the entries in this challenge.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Many thanks all!
    You're perfectly right, I was short of time at the end of the challenge, I didn't have time to test properly Thomas suggestion and didn't want to add things in a hurry, so I preferred to concentrate on borders and title to have a "finished" look. As I am now on the beginning of another project I don't think I will be able to motivate myself on this soon

Looking at your map made me think of a recent read I had. "Les Rois du Monde" by Jean-Philippe Jaworski so, I think you did a great job with the names. And, BTW, you did a great job with hte map too. Bravo !
    Voyant "ossimos", j'ai pensé exactement la même chose .

Great job, really like what you did with this one.

Oh p... ! I have read the first two volumes when they were released a few years ago and I haven't even made the connection (Jaworski is an excellent author who I highly recommend and the plot of"Rois du Monde" is set in pre-Roman Gaul)! Thank you both for remind me that, I know what I'll get for Christmas