Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Map 59 - Arlys

Well, where to even start with this...!

There aren't enough words of praise to describe how beautiful this map is, Beee. It's simply wonderful. I know this is the least of things, but I'm absolutely in love with the pearlescent effect on the domes and some of the windows. It's stunning. Like the whole map.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Wonderful work, Beee.
    There's so much to love in there. The embedded shapes in Manus are a nice touch.
    As are all those gold accents throughout. They go so well with the starry splendors of this Verne-ish sci-fantasy adventure.
    The stellar cartography is a great addition to an already fine map, and a wonderful expansion of the wonders of Guildworld.

Oh, phantoms and missing things... things of legend and myth.
    Last edited by J.Edward; 12-23-2020 at 11:53 AM.

This is fantastic, Misty! Not surprising to see such skill from you, of course, but still a pleasure

I am wondering which city that is that you have shown? Is it the capital?

Seeing this also makes me feel guilty at having made no progress on the National Fairy Republic map

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    I lack the culture to see with what the citie's names are related, but I sure have enough taste to see how beautiful your map is !
    An enchantment... which is the point, I guess ;D !
    I'll save some compliment for the fina version, but I already love your map !!!!
    Thanks so much, Jo ! Your encouragements always motivate me !!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Moureau View Post
    Well, you know all the good I think of your work, so I'll try to keep it simple this time...

This is honey for the eyes !
    Hehe, thanks Marc ! Thanks to you, Arlys finally discovered its unique resource and reason to be proud : the wonderful gholney

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Oh, wow. What a cool idea for the star chart for the ocean... Now I want to steal that!

Yeah, of course it's as brilliant as your work always is. It's maybe a bit crowded in some areas, but that is how it is when you are working with a landshape someone else has drawn - you just try to make the best of it.
    Haha, thanks Kell' ! I made sure to keep the sea dark enough, just for you ! ^_^
    And for how busy some area are... horror vacui, dear friends ! Always and forever.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Absolutely breathtaking !

To help a bit, "Terra Innominata" (j'aime !) is actually "Empire of the Dead Sun".
    Aaah, just in time for the final version of the map. Thanks so much for the help and kind words, Thomas ! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Well, where to even start with this...!

There aren't enough words of praise to describe how beautiful this map is, Beee. It's simply wonderful. I know this is the least of things, but I'm absolutely in love with the pearlescent effect on the domes and some of the windows. It's stunning. Like the whole map.
    Thanks so, so much, ChickPea !!
    And actually... I'm especially happy you mention the domes' light as it's weirdly one of the things I'm the most proud of ? Sometimes, it's just about the smallest things ^^

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Wonderful work, Beee.
    There's so much to love in there. The embedded shapes in Manus are a nice touch.
    As are all those gold accents throughout. They go so well with the starry splendors of this Verne-ish sci-fantasy adventure.
    The stellar cartography is a great addition to an already fine map, and a wonderful expansion of the wonders of Guildworld.

Oh, phantoms and missing things... things of legend and myth.
    Hehe, you always understand me well, J. ! Phantoms, indeed !
    It was fun to let this map decide the directions : the Lady was the beginning, the Gold and stars then became the unifying thread. It's good to let things just... be ? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    This is fantastic, Misty! Not surprising to see such skill from you, of course, but still a pleasure

I am wondering which city that is that you have shown? Is it the capital?

Seeing this also makes me feel guilty at having made no progress on the National Fairy Republic map

Wingshaw
    Thanks Wingshaw !
    You don't have to feel guilty. The time will come for the NFR, as it came for Arlys. I'm happy I waited for it, as I know I wouldn't have been able to make it look like this 3 years ago ^^
    Which city... aaaah, good question. Good question, indeed ! Will you be angry if I keep some kind of mystery about it ? ^^

--

I'm proud to say the final version is done. The Finished Map thread is here but I obviously have to post it here as well.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arlys_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	997.2 KB 
ID:	127420

@Redrobes : I have the Alpha version of the map for you. Let me know how/where to send it ! ^^

Blog Entries

First of all may I also congratulate you on the map - what an amazing piece of work.

Normally I might say that I don't need an alpha version but with the statue having an arm reaching out over the map I think I will need one this time. You can email it and ill PM the usual address or just post the image below. I will get this one into the main map right away !

What a treat to the eyes Bee. Your maps for the guild projects are exceptionally good. So much love put into them.
    It's not only the map, but all the decorations and ideas that encompasses the map is what makes them stand out from the milion others.
    You and Francesca are two who really can make wonders with the map "presentation" if I could say that.

I haven't followed the thread, only saw few wips now and then, so I do not know what "The Lady" refers to (I am guessing the prominent Lady statue?), but I soon caught some of the city names.
    Atlantis, Mu, Lemuria, Sannikov, Thule (which at the beginning I wanted to believe is a reference to my map, but obviously it isn't ), Waq Waq, Bermeja, etc.
    All mythical (or lost) lands from our ancient myths (history).
    The imprints in the Manus Lands also reminds me of the Nazca lines, so that also adds nicely to the ancient times. Love the theme, beautiful map. Hats off.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    First of all may I also congratulate you on the map - what an amazing piece of work.

Normally I might say that I don't need an alpha version but with the statue having an arm reaching out over the map I think I will need one this time. You can email it and ill PM the usual address or just post the image below. I will get this one into the main map right away !
    Thanks Redrobes !!
    I sent it by email just after your message but had some trouble with it. Let me know if you need I resend it !

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    What a treat to the eyes Bee. Your maps for the guild projects are exceptionally good. So much love put into them.
    It's not only the map, but all the decorations and ideas that encompasses the map is what makes them stand out from the milion others.
    You and Francesca are two who really can make wonders with the map "presentation" if I could say that.

I haven't followed the thread, only saw few wips now and then, so I do not know what "The Lady" refers to (I am guessing the prominent Lady statue?), but I soon caught some of the city names.
    Atlantis, Mu, Lemuria, Sannikov, Thule (which at the beginning I wanted to believe is a reference to my map, but obviously it isn't ), Waq Waq, Bermeja, etc.
    All mythical (or lost) lands from our ancient myths (history).
    The imprints in the Manus Lands also reminds me of the Nazca lines, so that also adds nicely to the ancient times. Love the theme, beautiful map. Hats off.
    Hehe, good catch on the city names. The petroglyphs are here as a reference to Thomas' lands on North, and here to preserve my peaceful country for the terrible creatures wandering around the border. Arlys wants to keep quiet and safe for everyone.
    The lady... hehe... can't you see it in the shape of the map ? It was obvious for me as soon as I saw it. Mens is the head, Manus and Vis the arms and hands, Peplos the dress...

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

As always absolutely wonderful. It has so much to dig into and its elegant and charming. Lovely work.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project ~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Hehe, good catch on the city names. The petroglyphs are here as a reference to Thomas' lands on North, and here to preserve my peaceful country for the terrible creatures wandering around the border. Arlys wants to keep quiet and safe for everyone.
    The lady... hehe... can't you see it in the shape of the map ? It was obvious for me as soon as I saw it. Mens is the head, Manus and Vis the arms and hands, Peplos the dress...
    Yes! now I see it
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by XCali View Post
    As always absolutely wonderful. It has so much to dig into and its elegant and charming. Lovely work.
    Thanks so much, XCali ! It's a joy to see people appreciating the map ! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Yes! now I see it
    Hehe

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567