Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Map 59 - Arlys

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

It's absolutely beautiful!
    What a job! So many details, so much precision!

Personally I am really reassured by the disappearance of these blue lines and I applaud the structure of the frame: the whole atmosphere is given by this so complex city and this majestic statue. You really rendered the steam punk style extremely well!
    The challenge now is to make the map stand out in as talented a way as you drew the border, so that the frame doesn't eclipse the center! I'm confident that you'll succeed!

Incredible! The map was already splendid but the frame and its illustrations are beyond fantastic.
    Really loving this! And I love the golden tones of the balloons & zeppelins.

Guild Artisan

Oh, damn. Wow. Thats beautiful.

Somewhere dark and rather dangerous...and also inhabited by these confounded mosquitoes.

I don't know what to say. This is just too cool!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Okay Misty, you've done it: I give up. I will never get to this level. This is so amazing!!!

My hat off to you, Lady of the Golden Stylus!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    It's absolutely beautiful!
    What a job! So many details, so much precision!

Personally I am really reassured by the disappearance of these blue lines and I applaud the structure of the frame: the whole atmosphere is given by this so complex city and this majestic statue. You really rendered the steam punk style extremely well!
    The challenge now is to make the map stand out in as talented a way as you drew the border, so that the frame doesn't eclipse the center! I'm confident that you'll succeed!
    Thanks so much, Jo !
    I faced the challenge since the last WIP, and will let you judge if I succeded or not ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Incredible! The map was already splendid but the frame and its illustrations are beyond fantastic.
    Really loving this! And I love the golden tones of the balloons & zeppelins.
    Thanks for the kind words, Ilanthar !
    Gold definitely has importance on this map

Quote Originally Posted by Kier View Post
    Oh, damn. Wow. Thats beautiful.
    Thanks so much, Kier !! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by mapmage View Post
    I don't know what to say. This is just too cool!
    So glad you think it, Mapmage

Quote Originally Posted by Caenwyr View Post
    Okay Misty, you've done it: I give up. I will never get to this level. This is so amazing!!!

My hat off to you, Lady of the Golden Stylus!
    Oh ! A new name !! Will I soon be comparable to Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, ..., the Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, the Unburnt, the Breaker of Chains ? Thankfully, I don't drink coffee, so all the Starb* staff can sleep quietly : they won't have to write the complete title on my cup
    But really... really... I'm just the lil' Beee, and I totally believe everyone can do what I do. So, you won't give up. Nope.

-

An update.
    It's not wise, because it's too close to be finished, but is not finished. I should finish it. I know it. It's not a good thing to post it now. But the last touches are annoying : better labels contrast. Minor edits here and there. Maybe calligraphic details. Maybe a touch of magic. I don't know. I should do that now, but feel lazy. I knoooow if I post it now, making those last, last steps will be even harder but will I be smart ? Definitely no. So please enjoy an almost-finished-WIP
    Worked on colors, obviously, on the general atmosphere, on some kind of celestial chart and blueprint theme. 'cause why not ? They're something Arlys can be proud of, and nothing is comparable to study sky from a well conceived flying observatory.
    Also added labels. City labels are... a bit special here. Let's see if someone can find why ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arlys_WIP10_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	985.0 KB 
ID:	127146

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

I lack the culture to see with what the citie's names are related, but I sure have enough taste to see how beautiful your map is !
    An enchantment... which is the point, I guess ;D !
    I'll save some compliment for the fina version, but I already love your map !!!!

Well, you know all the good I think of your work, so I'll try to keep it simple this time...

This is honey for the eyes !
    My Website
    You can also find my work on :

Twitter . Instagram . Artstation . Behance

Oh, wow. What a cool idea for the star chart for the ocean... Now I want to steal that!

Yeah, of course it's as brilliant as your work always is. It's maybe a bit crowded in some areas, but that is how it is when you are working with a landshape someone else has drawn - you just try to make the best of it.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Absolutely breathtaking !

To help a bit, "Terra Innominata" (j'aime !) is actually "Empire of the Dead Sun".

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast