Thread: December 2018 Challenge: Hazyview

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default December 2018 Challenge: Hazyview

When I was very little, growing up in South Africa, we used to go away on holiday as soon as schools broke up, usually in the first week of December, and stay away until just before Christmas – One of my favorite places to go (we went back several years in a row before I became a teenager) was a village / small town in what used to be called the Eastern Transvaal (Now part of the province of Mpumalanga). For the life of me I can’t remember what the town/village was called, but I remember it was in a huge forestry area, and had big hotel in the middle, next to a bridge over some river or other, and from what I remember the main industry in the town was forestry – made sense with the place being in the middle of a forest.

I am not going to map this town exactly, as I can’t remember which town it was (I was quite small and it was a long time ago…), but I am going to map a pioneering (early 19th century) village/small town that has most of the elements that I can remember, based roughly on the layout that I can remember.

I’ll try to post a rough draft of the village later today – not sure what I’m going to call it yet.
    Last edited by Tonquani; 12-23-2018 at 03:35 AM.