Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: (adopted) Map B - Land of Kell

This reminds me I still have a bunch to do on mine. I'm working on another old one at the moment but perhaps your work on this will inspire me to dust it off. I look forward to seeing what you do
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    This reminds me I still have a bunch to do on mine. I'm working on another old one at the moment but perhaps your work on this will inspire me to dust it off. I look forward to seeing what you do
    Thank goodness you said so...I was just looking at mine the other day and wondering what happened and why I haven't finished it. I had guilt but now I feel better!!

Good looking colors on this.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Thank goodness you said so...I was just looking at mine the other day and wondering what happened and why I haven't finished it. I had guilt but now I feel better!!

Good looking colors on this.
    C'mon guys, we can all do this! I've decided that my goal is to get this done before the end of the year, who's with me??
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    C'mon guys, we can all do this! I've decided that my goal is to get this done before the end of the year, who's with me??
    I'm in (a bunch of redo to do too as my style as evolved a bit since I've started the map). As soon as the back pain and fever are gone, I'll dust off the file ad try to post a new WIP. Thanks for shaking us Kell

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    I'm in (a bunch of redo to do too as my style as evolved a bit since I've started the map). As soon as the back pain and fever are gone, I'll dust off the file ad try to post a new WIP. Thanks for shaking us Kell
    Back pain and fever don't sound like fun
    But that's the spirit, I hope you'll feel better soon!

Oh, I absolutely adore this coastline and colors. Well done Kell, well done ! I look forward to seeing the next steps !

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    I wish I can. I desperatly wish. But no time, no hope... time flies too fast for me o_o

It sounds like a good goal. I'll give it a shot.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

So good to see you in such a mood ! I really hope you'll succeed ! Our northern islands are desesperating missing you !

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Oh, I absolutely adore this coastline and colors. Well done Kell, well done ! I look forward to seeing the next steps !

I wish I can. I desperatly wish. But no time, no hope... time flies too fast for me o_o
    Glad you like it! And you do what you gotta do It's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    It sounds like a good goal. I'll give it a shot.
    Excellent! We can do this!

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    So good to see you in such a mood ! I really hope you'll succeed ! Our northern islands are desesperating missing you !
    Oh, I'm in a mood alright! I'll get this bastard finished even if it kills me!

On that note, I had a few hours to work on this tonight, so now my little spot of land has mountains. I think I finally figured out why I hate my mountains so much: it was the lack of tiny hills around them that make the transition to flat more natural. I tried adding some, and I think it made a world of difference. Here you can see a quick before and after look of the same area.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	before_after.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	782.0 KB 
ID:	117986

With this epiphany in mind, I was able to produce a map-full of mountains that I actually don't hate! It has been ages since I did that. Okay, I'm still not in love with them, but just being able to stand the look of them is a win at this point.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Land_of_Kell_09.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	7.94 MB 
ID:	117987

Looks like your land has fangs and I love it !!!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast