I have been an off and on lurker to this site for years and finally managed to justify the purchase of a wacom tablet. I really love doing maps for my D&D campaigns but have always worked with pencil and paper and my attempts fall apart whenever I need to "zoom in" to fill in details for a specific nation or region. I just cannot redraw an area faithfully enough to satisfy my needs with pencil, I really want to work with Gimp or Medibang because of the ability to select an area and zoom in on the image and keep borders and rivers and roads honest. However I just have so little experience and all of the tutorials on here assume a level of familiarity and skill with the programs and tools that I just don't have, especially when you take into account the minor changes in menus and layouts that occur over the course of version changed from the time a tutorial was created to when I'm reading it. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I have uploaded a world level image of what I currently have on my attempt to organize and compile my campaign world into one fully fleshed setting.