Thread: Esea: City of Xaanthìa

Default Esea: City of Xaanthìa

Hi, this is my first fantasy city map I've tryed to make. I hove you like it. If you have critics fell free to tell them.
    Since the map labels are in italian I'll translate them here.

Xaanthia: the Holy City of Knowledge
    1. Great University of Knowledge
    2. Library of Allknowing
    3. Temple of Techna
    4. Temple of Theria
    5. Government Palace of Xaanthia
    6. First University of Lenea
    7. Great Xaanthian Arena
    8. Church of Zeriana
    9. Xanthapitagoric Theather
    10. Temple of AllGods
    11. Palace of Mysteries
    12. Twin Statues of the Bridge
    13. Lighthouse of Xaanthia
    14. Gefryapanakor Bridge
    15. Alvian Castrum
    16. Shrine of Mt. Xaanthes
    17. Alvian Prefecture
    18. Park of Research
    19. Gardens of Adennidion Neal

Hope you like it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xaanthia-200dpi.png 
Views:	157 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	112280
    Last edited by Impesio; 12-28-2018 at 06:55 AM.

Clean and very well done! I love the views displaying the development of the city.
    What are the graphs near the districts for?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Clean and very well done! I love the views displaying the development of the city.
    What are the graphs near the districts for?
    Thank you, I'm happy you like it.

The graphs are inspired by city simulation game and in this case would represent the residential, commercial, and artiginal sectors

Hi Impesio,

I totally love this map, it´s quite impressive with it´s clean style. You have great talents with that. I took a little time to read this map and the city as a whole and here are some questions, who came into my mind then:

01: It seems, that this city is located in a time like greec or roman Ages, so let´s say from 200 b.C to 300 a.C. (or a comparable time on your planet), is that right?

02: The city has its roots on the Old Theosaxys, I guess and than expands to the north when the Intramuros was fully equipped with houses a.s.o, right?

03: Why Bereistos was founded about 4 km far away then (just reachable by ships/vessels by this time)? Was it a settlement from another country/Kingdom?

04: Why then expanded Bereistos to the east, over the river which- makes it neccessary to build a bridge instead of just lenghten the streets?

05: The P2 Bridge has a lenght of together more than a kilometer with about 100 to 200m free spanning bridge. This project must cost a large amount of money and working power and indicates that the city or Kingdom was quite rich and powerfull at this time. Is that right?

06: The Builders of Theosaxys decided to surround their city with walls. The later City has no walls. What caused the city fathers to be able to do without a wall?

07: The late city has a lenght of about 13 km, the whole city an overbuild area of about 25 square kilometers, Rome at it´s peek in the old ages has about 20 square kilometers with about one million inhabitants, is your city a kind of an important and strong settlement of a great Empire or Kingdom, how many inhabitants does your fictional city have?

08: Does your street map show just the paved roads?

09: When you stand at the shore at Echekreon and watch towards Alvon, you have more than a kilometer of water between it. That seems to indicate, that there were two cities growing together later. Is that right? Why asking that? go to Manhattan/New York at the West shore with Street view and take a look at North Bergen/New Jersey, this is about one km of water

I would be thankfull if you would take the time to answer some of these questions, to better understand this city, so please don´t see the points as critiques but as pure interest in understanding it.
    Last edited by randigpanzrall; 01-07-2019 at 12:52 PM.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Very good work ! I find your city consistent, and I like a lot to see the evolution of it. I also like your color palette !
    Good job !