Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Swamps of Rasfadal

That tree is hella cute!! I love how consistent the color theme is throughout this series.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    That tree is hella cute!! I love how consistent the color theme is throughout this series.
    Thanks Kel!

Here's something quite different from the rest; Gyn's Gang

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CG.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	578.1 KB 
ID:	112092

When the king's troops left, bandits came over The Swamps like a plague. Before long, various gangs had taken control of the main roads, demanding a 'toll' from everyone that wanted to pass. Some of the leaders of these gangs felt opportunistic and decided to spread their influence to nearby settlements and call themselves bandit-kings.

One of these bandit-kings os Bandit-King Gyn, the leader of Gyn's Gang. Gyn originally operated from Myrewood, a forest in the southern lands of The Swamps. One day he gathered his gang, crossed the Duwyn Mire, and assaulted Hurmuir Tower. With Lord Hurmuir and his men fighting in the War in the West they encountered almost no resistance, and were able to waltz right into the tower. Lady Hurmuir and her daughters were captured, the rest of the household was slain.

In the following months the bandits redecorated the tower, turning into a new headquarters for the gang. Gyn and his gang now rule over Duwyn Mire, and his men regularly visit the surrounding villages to 'collect taxes'.

Gyn himself? He mainly spends his days in his tower, in the company of Lady Hurmuir and her daughters...

With these miniatures you can bring the villains of The Swamps to life for your game.

Next map is The Town of Costurch

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Costurch CG.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	6.52 MB 
ID:	112199

On the northern shores of the East Bog lies the town of Costurch, a small town build around an old church. The town has remained relatively untouched by the bandits that came over Rasfadal; people still live their everyday life like they did before, except they now donate more money to the church. In fact, most everything that is produces here goes to the church. And maybe, the people don't actually live their lives like they did before. Just maybe?

When the bandits first came to Costurch, Father Yrthad, and old and nervous man, came down from the church, had a long talk with the bandits in private, and eventually the bandits left. Occasionally, they're spotted around the druidic shrine west of town, only to disappear and return an hour or so later. Coincidentally, Father Yrthad is never seen during that time. No one knows where he is, but then again, no one reallu cares, as long as the bandits stay away.

Recently, Father Yrthad seems nervous. More than usual and he insist the people of Costurch work harder to increase the production. Especially Jard and Hur, the armour- and weapon smiths, are getting regular visits from Father Yrthad. They are now looking for people to work for them, to increase the production of armour and weapons.

The Town of Costurch is a small town that looks peaceful at first sight, but closer inspection may show that nothing here is as it seems. An adventurer might find plenty of work, but perhaps they should think twice before they decide who to work for?

As always, let me know your thoughts!

Maybe a few lines on the roofs (if I'm being very picky)?
    You're building a very fine set of maps. I love the shading and the general color palette .

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Very nice, Daniel. Is this for a specific setting? What's the grid size?

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

I like the muted colors choosen here. Are there more of these style of maps from you?

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

The whole serie of maps is looking great ! The whole world is coming to life !

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Maybe a few lines on the roofs (if I'm being very picky)?
    You're building a very fine set of maps. I love the shading and the general color palette .
    Hehe, not picky at all I think. The map was intended for print, and at print size the brush strokes create a nice texture for the roofs, so I felt it didn't need any more lines. Sadly, this will be the last map in this set (for now); my patrons decided to move on to a next theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    Very nice, Daniel. Is this for a specific setting? What's the grid size?
    Thanks Sebastian! These maps are for a semi-setting I guess. They're done for my Patreon page and they are in The Swamps of Rasfadal (the first map) with consistent lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
    I like the muted colors choosen here. Are there more of these style of maps from you?
    Thanks Schwarzkreuz! Ive done a couple of maps in a similar style in the past, you can find them here and here.

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    The whole serie of maps is looking great ! The whole world is coming to life !
    Thanks Jo! Sadly, I'll have to stop working on this setting for now, as my Patrons decided they want me to move on to a next theme. I hope to revisit this again in the future, though, to finish it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12