Thread: Ninevia--a highly realistic world!

Port Development, British Columbia, Canada

Default Ninevia--a highly realistic world!

Happy New Year to all cartographers!

Although my conworld "Ninevia" technically belongs in the World Mapping section, where it's been rightly posted, the altitude map is one aspect of the project that I would like to submit as a finished map. So here it is:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Altitudes.png 
Views:	213 
Size:	5.33 MB 
ID:	112500

Please critique liberally, for I am striving to improve my cartography skills with each submission.

Peter

Nice land shapes, Peter .
    The black labels are a bit hard to read over the blue of the seas. Maybe reduce them to place them only over the lands, or add a halo could do the trick.

Port Development, British Columbia, Canada

Thank you Ilanthar! Yes, you're absolutely right about those labels; I confess that naming my geographical features was the least meticulous part of my mapmaking process. I will experiment with halos and other ways to improve the clairty of my labes in my next submission. Thank you for your interest.

The continent features look great. Those gorgeous rivers have to be the product of Wilbur, surely? The ocean color is something I'm not too fond of, it makes the whole piece look a bit too saturated for my taste. Even so, it's very believable map, and it probably will serve you well as a starting point to develop this world even further. Good stuff!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.