Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outpost of Sildreth (personal project)

Default Outpost of Sildreth (personal project)

This is my last map for this year which i started a week after Mapvember o.O
    I wanted to make it a small town, but i soon realized that with this scale i would not have enough time to finish this by the end of this year.
    So i made it a small outpost by the cliffs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Outpost of Sildreth_CG.jpg 
Views:	635 
Size:	985.2 KB 
ID:	112206
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

What a stunning map! Beautiful colours and I love the subtle waves along the coastline.

Not sure I would call it "small" . It's very detailed and your talent for buildings and shading is unmistakable .

As beautiful as always. I love how delicate your linework is, as someone who always ends up with thick lines drawn with such a heavy hand no matter what I do I especially like the cliffs, and how the border is actually sort of behind the map is a really nice touch. Always a pleasure see you post.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by PaperGriffin View Post
    What a stunning map! Beautiful colours and I love the subtle waves along the coastline.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Not sure I would call it "small" . It's very detailed and your talent for buildings and shading is unmistakable .
    I was refering to the size of the "town" not the art. Considering it is just couple buildings it is hard to call it this way . Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    As beautiful as always. I love how delicate your linework is, as someone who always ends up with thick lines drawn with such a heavy hand no matter what I do I especially like the cliffs, and how the border is actually sort of behind the map is a really nice touch. Always a pleasure see you post.
    Thanks Kellerica. I actually lower the opacity of some lines later after the shade to see if it looks better or not. Usually it does (to my taste)
    New Horizons

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons

Support:

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

This is very elegant and greatly executed. I like it a lot. But well maybe add color to the scroll in the top right? It floats a bit weird with only linework there.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Sadly, I can't rep you at the moment, but those cliffs are a thing of beauty!

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
    This is very elegant and greatly executed. I like it a lot. But well maybe add color to the scroll in the top right? It floats a bit weird with only linework there.
    Well there is no scroll to be honest just simple border
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    Sadly, I can't rep you at the moment, but those cliffs are a thing of beauty!
    Thanks Wired
    New Horizons

Support:

This looks great! The parts where the walls have crumbled are really good

The style feels very inspired by J. Edward.

Cheers,
    Karl

I love the engraving effect and, as a patron, seing your detailed shading on the rocks is a delight !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast