Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom of Lormance

Thanks a lot everyone !
    Yeah, I'm quite fond of doing heraldry & logos lately .

@Abu Lafia : hum, it's kind of a new one... it's sort of a reboot/improved/evolved concept of a previous setting. If you look for it, you'll find a old Nightfall map here (completely different). I thought for a time do it in our world (and Europe) and started a WIP this way... but changed my mind for a full fantasy/imaginary one.

A rather small update: I couldnt't help myself but do the missing mountains...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Neonightfall Lormance.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	6.17 MB 
ID:	111992

Guild Journeyer

Those Banners....*sigh*....good stuff. Luv the shadows the banners make on the map too. You are mastering the heraldry aspect. In 6 months I will have a huge request of banners, by then you will have evolved to mastery level.

Thanks Galendae !
    I hope you're right about my learning curve of heraldry .

The mountains look great, but as others have said, I feel bad for your poor hand when it's time to shade them...
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

By Kellerica
    The mountains look great, but as others have said, I feel bad for your poor hand when it's time to shade them...
    Thanks!
    And no problem, I've done worse. It's just gonna took me some time (as per usual).

For now, I'm kinda doing tests on the Duchy of Korande.

Views:	40 
Size:	6.22 MB 
ID:	112135

I like that test! Looking forward to see a more filled in map in this style.
    Meanwhile: care to share a bit more of the setting? I'm always curious to know the history of the depicted lands.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Lovely, Ilanthar! As everyone said, my hands are sore just looking at all those mountains!

Your heraldic skills are amazing, but there's something bothering me just a little: the map is super 2D, and the small shields are really fine on each country; I love the big ones, but have you tried putting them on the map flat as the other ones? That way you might even put more ornaments around them. Those big shadows make them pop out of the surface, and I imagine colossal banners looming over the land, as if they were really there.

@Eilathen : thanks!
    Well, about the setting, to complete what I said in the first post :
    Here is a quick glance at the situation in 1762 of the Imperial Era.

Name:	Neonightfall Lormance pol.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	6.75 MB 
ID:	112139
    Fiefs hatched in green : under Atheluen rule (with a ring, allied by marriage / with a feather, ceded by Lormance at the last treaty).
    Fiefs hatched in orange : under the rule of the House of Lusagne.
    Fiefs hatched in purple : neutral status of the Duchy of Korande, presently on the edge of a succession war.

To briefly sum up... The Kingdom of Atheluen claims more than half of the Kingdom of Lormance, supported by Ysande & Orbelles (family bonds) and the Duchy of Lusagne (whose Duke is the head of a very strong family with great fiefs in the Gregonian Empire).
    The Kingdom of Lormance is supported by the Gregonian Empire (which doesn't want to lose sovereignty over the fiefs of the House of Lusagne).
    There are also minor supports for each part in the south, also at war...

About the world, there is fairy lands "night lands" and human lands. The Bersélune is a "night land", where magic take place, and inhumans. The great city of Epherne is strategic and strange in many ways...
    In the fairy lands, beings changes at night and their magic abilities increase. They can also venture into the "day lands" but only during the night, or with some more difficult tricks.

And some minor improvements on the Duchy of Korande.
    @brnmuller : thanks! Do you find it better with a banner "foot"? My idea was actually to give the impression than a lord placed some miniatures banners over the map.

Views:	29 
Size:	6.45 MB 
ID:	112140

Guild Journeyer

I think it looks better with the base under the flags. As you can imagine, I am closely watching your Heraldry work. Love this stuff!

By Galendae
    I think it looks better with the base under the flags. As you can imagine, I am closely watching your Heraldry work. Love this stuff!
    Ah? I was tempted to remove those bases... There is something wrong with the perspective maybe... I'll see if I can do something better.

Just a small update, with the County of Anthelme, mainly.

Name:	Neonightfall Lormance v2.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	6.63 MB 
ID:	112182

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast