Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [World11] Atlas of the Central Regions

Default [World11] Atlas of the Central Regions

Cheers everyone! Sharing here as well the latest map I completed for World Eleven, a worldbuilding effort i'm into with some fellow enthusiasts. I do most of the "fancy mapmaking" parts, but the layers behind (including name structures, history and biology) is the result of a team effort.
    For more info regarding the worldbuilding I recently started a thread here: https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=43052

Now, to the map. As some users noted in the main thread, there was missing a map of the whole region. This led to confusion regarding the name of each landmass and the states and made everything harder to follow.
    With a minor effort I hand-drew from the vector map a simplified atlas, and then coloured it on PS. All in all, it took a handful of hours to be completed, and I hope it will be useful to follow the developement and to contextualize the future updates on W11.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ver4.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	112323

The map was then "weathered" with an open book background. Nothing unheard of, but it worked well to give it a worn look.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GlobalMapBook.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	112324

It is now on the homepage of the W11 wiki!
    http://worldeleven.wikidot.com

C&C welcome, any input is much appreciated.

Guild Artisan Guild Supporter Tenia's Avatar

Great map!
    Some of the labels light outlines seem to have disappeared in the book version but this is not a problem at all and actually I prefer this version.
    A typo? A missing "c" in "Prinipality of Matukitr"

Thank you! And yeah, definitely a typo i'm afraid. :S

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

It looks fantastic, LO. I'd rep you if I could, but my rep wand needs re-charging first.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    It looks fantastic, LO. I'd rep you if I could, but my rep wand needs re-charging first.
    That's very kind, thank you.

Very efficient and clean! Well done .

Oh man, I'm in love with the texture work on the second version! Amazing, looks fantastic! Fantastic colors and gorgeous wear and tear.

That's it, I'm jumping on board with Beee's nicknaming you Laz if you don't mind, I refuse to refer to you as 'lazy'
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Very efficient and clean! Well done .
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Oh man, I'm in love with the texture work on the second version! Amazing, looks fantastic! Fantastic colors and gorgeous wear and tear.
    That's it, I'm jumping on board with Beee's nicknaming you Laz if you don't mind, I refuse to refer to you as 'lazy'
    Laz is fine, or Jack.
    Although i indeed AM lazy. I focus 90% of my time in research on how to make things with less time and effort, rather than actually do stuff. The good thing is that when i actually do something, it takes me VERY little time, since i've got all the possible shortcuts prepared. It's a way of being lazy, afterall.

The book version definitely has more character.

Another typo: Kindgom of the Hovadi

This map is really great. I love to colors!

Cheers,
    Karl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast