Thread: BASSHAM - The Western Frontier

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

Default BASSHAM - The Western Frontier

Hey everyone! =)

Today, Marko Djurdjevic (the AD) spoiled the map I made for SIXMOREVODKA Studio in Berlin. It belongs to the RPG called DEGENESIS, which is among my all-time favorite Pen-&-Paper games. Therefore, it was incredible to get this chance along with some other maps to come out with 'Justitian - The Rightful Fist', a book packed full of insanely skilled art and top-end production value. It belongs to the same world as the World Map (check it out here) I created earlier. Mobilis (look here) was the first one I've shown; more to come =)

About the city from the book 'Black Atlantic': Two of the Pheromancer queens have already perished. The defeat of Markurant, King of Bassham, came with great sacrifices and an exhaustive amount of resources. Eighteen years ago, a crusade of Anabaptists, Spitalians, Judges, Resistance, and Scrappers stormed the Ziggurath in Bassham. Thousands died in the carnage that lasted weeks, but the Baptist Amos along with Vincent, the Breaker of Bassham, emerged victorious from the battle. It was the first big defeat for the Pheromancers. To date, Bassham is considered a symbol of Frankan resistance and the alliance of the Cults. At the same time, the victory brought about massive territorial gains for Justitian. The Protectorate was able to expand to Franka and redefine its borders. Today, a triumvirate of Spitalians, Anabaptists and Judges reigns in Bassham. They have secured the border town and keep an eye on the swarm's every move.

The city has grown since then, about tenfold to what it once was. As a beacon it stands, but the weight of the people is a strain on the supply chain. More than once, the sheer amount of people made it necessary to break down walls and let the city spread like a tumor to the east.

If you want to check out the world, just browse through their stuff - they really don't have to hide:
    Trailer 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tw3KaMr8wk

Hope you like it, it was a blast! =)

Best wishes, Steffen

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steffen-brand-final-a3-bleed-bassham-en.jpg 
Views:	534 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	111979
    Last edited by SteffenBrand; 12-12-2018 at 02:00 AM.
    Visit me on ArtStation.