Thread: World of Enegas

Wip World of Enegas

[NEED FEEDBACK PLEASE !]

Hello everyone !

I'm new here, and my english can be bad, so excuse me for later mistakes !
    Tanks to MistyBeee, I'm here to share you my first project ! I will need some advices and comments too, to make the perfect world !
    First of all, it will be placed in a med fan universe, on archipelago map type, with tiny and big islands, even little continent. I want to play with a maritim theme, that's why I've done a map with many islands, and not just few huges continents.
    For the general climate, it will be more colder than the Earth, for two reasons : this world know a glaciation age, so there is traces of it, and these islands will be at the same height of Europe (Scandinavia, West Europe, Eastern Europe, North America ... well, you see the idea !). But East islands are totally different ... the climate is totally tropical, and desertic ! Thanks to magic, it was preserved from the glaciation, and still have the ancient climate of this planet : way more hotter, where peoples have to be in North Place to survive.

If you want an idea of the scale, my map is about 10 000km. Like Paris-Beijinn(Pekin) And the island "Aste" is nearly 1200km(width). Yes, it will be let a huge ocean for the rest of the world, which is the same scale of Earth (approximatively), but it's not the problem for now. Maybe I will set more island, and new lands to conquer, but for now, Enegas and Maanev will be enough

I've few ideas for mountains, and MistyBee help me too, but it's not set yet And, for the end, I know the map doesn't seems to be "dynamic", where all island fit in a geographical view, but it's on work ! Don't forget it's just a newborn project !

Maybe I've forgot some details, but I can answer your questions if you want !

Here's some sketch made with AutoRealm !

The whole map with names :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_name.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	111983

"Îles des Jumeaux" mean Twin's Island
    Enegas doesn't mean anything in particular
    Maanev : "Maa" mean land in Finnish, and I think that "nev" can be similar to "new" in English for a language on my world.

Names of West island :

Name:	island_name.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	111984

All the names doesn't have any specifications, except Edel-Hav. Edel is "noble" in German, and Hav is ocean, or sea.

Political map :

Name:	territoire_color.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	111985

The "dynamic map" from MistyBeee (Thank you again ♥) :

Name:	map_dynamic.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	111987

And an idea of the islands on a globe (not very useful I think) :

https://www.maptoglobe.com/r1jLohakE

Thanks you for reading ! What do you think about my world ? And, about the names ? I hope you can help me with advices !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	111982  
    Last edited by Gunter; 12-13-2018 at 06:44 PM.

A little update ! I named principals states for now !

Name:	territoire_name.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	112030

And for non-French speakers, here's a (simple :p) translation :

1 - Growlers Revolution / Revolt of Growlers
    2 - Kingdom of Three Mages
    3 - Confederation of Dronst
    4 - Duchy of Edel-Hav
    5 - Kingdom of Lanse
    6 - Empire of Cryl
    7 - Kingdom of Borden
    8 - Sovereignty of Viostra
    9 - Barony of Galcie
    10 - Duchy of Istranos

Bienvenue, welcome, Gunter !

Names are fine in my opinion, but it's a question of taste, so...
    An equatorial/tropical layout for continents is an interesting matter, no doubt

It will be unparticular islands, in this North part of the planet :p All around, you just feel a cold wind, and suddenly, when you approach these island ... boom, tropical climate ! The transition will be fun to describe