Thread: Lite mapping challenge dec/jan: lost caverns of the grey host.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Eri's Avatar

Default Dec '18 / Feb '19 Lite Challenge: Lost caverns of the Grey Host

Didn't think I would be joining this challenge but then while perusing a new local art store I noticed they have massive a2 sketch pads and well... They are kinda perfect for a mega dungeon haha

Usually I have a grid underneath regular paper when doing it but this time that didn't work so I spent I while doing up a grid over the entire page, probably with a 20ft square. Then time for drawing

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181223_202420.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	3.74 MB 
ID:	112219

Lore wise in my ole homebrew word there is a mysterious group called the grey host, people that seem devoid of coulour in every way. When they are seen in a place things just disappear; from people, to statues and artifacts, to buildings and even a crypt underneath a famous church (the church then collapsed. Now it's kind of superstition in the world that if anything goes missing it must have been the grey.

It seems a few of the things that dissapear are moved here, in the lost caverns of the grey host. A weird maze of caverns that stretches within an interdemensional space.

So far I canvassed for ideas and came up with a few pieces.. As well as my own ideas. First up a ship teetering on the edge.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181223_203053.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	3.85 MB 
ID:	112220
    Last edited by Eri; 12-23-2018 at 04:40 PM.