Thread: Village & similar drawings

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Village & similar drawings

A while ago i've started another thread for a large town drawing - a few days later, university started again, limiting my free time to a level on which i can not handle drawing a large town within a reasonable amount of time (and being able to draw like two houses per day would drive me crazy ). This is where the idea for this thread started - if i can't make large maps, why not just do small ones?

So i thought where i could begin, and i decided to continue where i ended last time - on my large medieval town map. There's not much in the background which is worth its own drawing, in fact there's only a tiny castle on a wooded hill ridge. This castle and its immediate surroundings however will become the first of what hopefully becomes a whole little series of maps, depicting a region around that mentioned town.

So now, let's start with the drawing finally... i'm not starting with the very beginning, but at a point where i already got a decent bit done.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.JPG 
Views:	152 
Size:	4.80 MB 
ID:	112253

And this will be the final extent of this drawing.

Name:	2.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	3.53 MB 
ID:	112254

And to show the context as well, this is the tiny depiction of the castle in the older town drawing:

Name:	XXX.png 
Views:	245 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	112255

Other drawings will include villages, hamlets, castles, monasteries and similar stuff, maybe also one or another small town if i have enough time for that.
    Last edited by Chlodowech; 12-27-2018 at 04:14 AM.