Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Smuggler's lair (Tavernier's tutorial)

Spectacular work JO. It's almost like Guillaume map. I also thought you just took his linework and colour it at first... it is proof just like good you are.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

That is so good. Like J.Edward I also thought you were sharing one of Guillaume's map from the thumbnail. I've had that tutorial opened up in a tab for many days, since he put it up, but still haven't gotten around to it. I think I need to get on that with inspiration like this.

Guild Artisan Guild Supporter Tenia's Avatar

Superbe, you got the colors and light effects I think

That's great, Jo ! I look forward to see how you'll turn what you learned there in your future maps !

This is great - I really like the colours, especially on the water! My only (minor) criticism is that the perspective is a little off on the tops of the pillars - they don't seem to be level with the tops of the walls. But it's not very noticeable. The whole thing is beautifully atmospheric - I'd love to see more of this kind of thing.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Oh, that is GREAT. Gorgeous colors and the light sources are amazing. I am in awe, and this goes right into my inspiration folder.
    Hey Diamond ! Glad to find you back here ! I did fellow a bit of your last months activities on FB ! You seemed to have taken a whole new start in your life ? Congratulations for that !

Regarding this little piece, you should definitely try to fellow the tutorial ! I would LOVE to see what your skill could do with that techniques ! C'mon ! Give it a try ! And let us rejoyce with the reslut, I'm sure it would be absolutely gorgeous !!!

You did a great job, and i did not know the tutorial above! I'll try to experiment a bit with that too, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    You are really hard with yourself ! The only differences for me are a slightly vivider color palette for your image and less assured strokes but besides those tiny differences, you are pretty close to the quality of Guillaume's work ! What you have really well captured IMO is the lighting technique. A fabulous map and I cannot wait to see more ! You certainly know this one but let's post it anyways, his fortified farm, not really tutorial but process. Almost one and a half hour of coloring without comments.

Your map is amazing Joël
    Thanks a lot Thomas ! Moreover because I didn't know Guillaume Tavernier's work until you mentioned it !
    I'm glad you like this illustration... and as you said, the strokes makes a lot of difference : I had trouble adjusting to this brush, and I know I changed techniques during the whole process.. Sometimes I was glad with what I was doing, and for some other points, I found myself with my old unassured "childish" stroke... I really should practice more... If only I could retire now
    Thanks for the link ! I didn't know he was using Sketchup or something like that for his building !

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    I agree with Thomas, you achieved a very good look here Joel.
    When I first saw it, I thought you were sharing one of Guillaume's maps.
    I love the color. You did a fine job.
    wow ! I'm proud to have misled you regarding the author or this map !
    Thanks John... I was looking a bit in your finished maps, but I could'nt find that kind of dungeons. Have you tried it already ?

Quote Originally Posted by Caenwyr View Post
    That is one wonderful piece of art... Will have to Check out that tutorial!!

But man, you did an awesome job!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by damonjynx View Post
    +1 to this.
    Thanks both of you ! I hope to see what you'll do from this tutorial soon !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast