Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Smuggler's lair (Tavernier's tutorial)

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Thanks Misty ! I'm not sure I can use these techniques for proper maps ? But I find that you never knows when what you learned comes back (really poor english... I meant : on ne sait jamais vraiment quand et ou ce qu'on a appris réapparaît au cours d'un dessin, non ?)
    You never know, for sure ! I watched the tut yesterday and I'm sure plenty of details can be used on 'normal' maps : what you learned about texturing, shading, highlights can be used for grass, deserts, light on coastline or mountains, but can also be super useful for more decorative elements like this stunning castle you drew on the bottom part of one of your maps, don't you think ?

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    You never know, for sure ! I watched the tut yesterday and I'm sure plenty of details can be used on 'normal' maps : what you learned about texturing, shading, highlights can be used for grass, deserts, light on coastline or mountains, but can also be super useful for more decorative elements like this stunning castle you drew on the bottom part of one of your maps, don't you think ?
    That's for sure, but I don't see how to use these techniques on actual maps... Maybe I'll discover that by myself later...

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    That's for sure, but I don't see how to use these techniques on actual maps... Maybe I'll discover that by myself later...
    Time will tell, but in any case, and as Kell said, you progress a lot and it's a pleasure to see, Jo !

Hey man, this is just amazing! At first I just assumed that this was a map of Guillaume himself. Then I zoomed in and noticed that it was your own line work and colouring, but man, did you do a great job! Bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    Hey man, this is just amazing! At first I just assumed that this was a map of Guillaume himself. Then I zoomed in and noticed that it was your own line work and colouring, but man, did you do a great job! Bravo!
    Thanks a lot for your kind words... I just fellowed the tutorial, I try to put my steps in master's steps, like I will do with your tutorial very soon ;D !

Somehow the color of the water conveys to me that there are adventures to be had nearby. Excellent map.

Have to agree with everyone else this is a real beauty. The colors are fantastic! I appreciate your posting the link to Guillaume Tavernier's video as I was unfamiliar with it (something I shall shortly be remedying). Just excellent work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyMcGee View Post
    Somehow the color of the water conveys to me that there are adventures to be had nearby. Excellent map.
    That's the only thing that's sure !

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Have to agree with everyone else this is a real beauty. The colors are fantastic! I appreciate your posting the link to Guillaume Tavernier's video as I was unfamiliar with it (something I shall shortly be remedying). Just excellent work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks a lot ! I can't wait to see what you will do with this technique !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234