Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gate of Tomhagar

Map Gate of Tomhagar

Gate of Tomhagar

The gate of Tomhagar sits upon the road to Fayde and watches over a section of the main trade route through Giragar.
    Control of this gate, and the larger area of Tomhagar, is held by Basardi of Johmen, a man of reknown and loyal one-time soldier of the Lords of Rognal.

Born of Naol Jaobi, of the skilled carpenters of Veren, and Saer Dari-Nos, of the Nosef merchants of Mon Valay,
    the young Basardi grew up in Johmen, north of the city of Rognal. He would, at times, travel with his father Dari
    and his caravans through Rognal and out to many fascinating places beyond.

In time, his sister took over their father’s caravans. Bas was free to choose his own path and set out for Rognal
    to see what life had in store for him. There he came into the service of one of the Lords of Rognal, Aergel Greymin, Thane of Tohmal.
    Through his long career with Greymin, Bas saw much of the lands around and grew in reknown and prestige.
    In later years he was awarded a position of his choice, and he chose the wild region of Giragar,
    out beyond the mountains of Garatohm and there held control of the great old road to Fayde.

Trusted, loyal, and beyond corruption, Basardi was given the freedom to administer the lands of the Tomhagar and its gate.
    Whether collecting the tax or regulating goods and trade from neighboring lands, Bas has much sway in the decisions and direction of the region,
    as well as the agriculture and husbandry of the horsemen of the Giragar and the foothills and meadows of greater Tagnal.

He is also known for his writings on history and regional affairs. When not otherwise preoccupied, he can be found at his desk
    high in the gold-topped tower looking out over rolling hills and craggy rocks or out on his beloved horse riding through those hills and meadows
    with his daughters by his side, cherishing both family and freedom; the wind in his hair and the sky as far as he can see.

This one was created for one of my patrons who is going to be getting this one in the mail sometime soon.
    He played a role in the story, giving suggestions for the main character. Thanks so much for your patronage, Joel.
    Thanks to all of my patrons.
    This will be available larger on my patreon page later today after 5pm EST [Jan.7th] - https://www.patreon.com/posts/gate-of-tomhagar-23806759

Cheers, J

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gate of Tomhagar by jstevenson.jpg 
Views:	382 
Size:	673.7 KB 
ID:	112518

Your story bits are always so in tune with your maps ! I love this one like the others and it feels it has a bigger scope or maybe it's more detailed ... Did you draw it on a larger paper sheet ?

Great map and interesting lore.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Your story bits are always so in tune with your maps ! I love this one like the others and it feels it has a bigger scope or maybe it's more detailed ... Did you draw it on a larger paper sheet ?
    Thanks Thomas Ironically this one is one a smaller piece of paper than normal.
    I'm often working on 8.5 x 11 pages. This is from a 6x9 page, thicker art paper.
    It does have more planning, or rather more planning as the story is concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    Great map and interesting lore.
    Thanks Larb
    I feel like I'm getting more comfortable with the design markers for color.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Wow, you keep me fascinated. I like this map a lot. The shading is very on point.

Nice! I like how bright it is. Great contrast as well.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Splendid work J. Your work is always so impressive and inspirational. I’m probably not the only one that is eager to get started on a top-down townmap right now!

Cheers,
    Tainotim

Wonderful, of course !
    I'm always so jealous with your greens. Both those soft greens you use in your dreamy maps like Skenara or Ynes and those vibrant copic-greens you're showing recently... Green is your color, Sir !
    'must say the bee in me thank you for the flowers too

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Such a beautiful place, maped so nicely ! Special thanks for this one !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
    Wow, you keep me fascinated. I like this map a lot. The shading is very on point.
    Thanks SK It's a lot trickier doing the shading traditionally, as you have to choose different colors for each shaded area and do them separately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Nice! I like how bright it is. Great contrast as well.
    Thanks Kell Maybe it's so bright cus I'm rebelling against all the gloomy rainy days we've been having.
    Quote Originally Posted by tainotim View Post
    Splendid work J. Your work is always so impressive and inspirational. I’m probably not the only one that is eager to get started on a top-down townmap right now!

Cheers,
    Tainotim
    Thanks Karl Yeah, a good town map is a fun thing.
    Just the right size. to satisfy but not aggravate.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Wonderful, of course !
    I'm always so jealous with your greens. Both those soft greens you use in your dreamy maps like Skenara or Ynes and those vibrant copic-greens you're showing recently... Green is your color, Sir !
    'must say the bee in me thank you for the flowers too
    Thank you Beee
    I am very connected to greens. I remember a picture i did as a kid... very pale tan and pale greens.. i think it had something to do with elven armor and a hill...
    The first house I recall our family living in [though apparently it was not the first one i was in] that house was out in the fields, surrounded by tall cornfields as far as you could see.
    A sea of green. Then in the distance were green hills and low mountains. Greens in spring and summer. Dull brown in autumn, White in winter.
    It used to snow more then, but apparently it was also uncommon. The 70's experienced some intense blizzards in my area. Snow drifting over the house one year.
    Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Such a beautiful place, maped so nicely ! Special thanks for this one !!!!!!
    You're welcome sir

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast