Thread: Hi. Long ago poster returning with questions re: CC3+

Default Hi. Long ago poster returning with questions re: CC3+

Hi. It looks like I haven't been active here since 2011.

Like many others, I finally got CC3+ in the recent Humble Bundle and I was looking at one or two of the youtube tutorials. In the very first one:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlpfzlsMK2g

the videographer references several styles I apparently don't have on initial installation. Where are those styles? Are they part of the full package of addons I got with the bundle? Are they contained in other addons from the developer? Available online? etc etc. Basically how do I find them and work with them?

Thanks in advance for references.

Ok, tell me if I'm understanding all of this correctly.

I finally installed all of the software packages that came with the top tier of the humble bundle and it appears there are more styles available in the selection wizard. However, if I'm looking for even more most of the time that comes through Profantasy's subscription service, right?

The basic CC3+ version comes with a number of different map styles, including the CC3+ Mike Schley style used in the video that you mentioned (at 3:12, if that helps). There are many styles listed on his new drawing style selection list that aren't part of the basic installation, however: most of those styles are part of the ProFantasy Annuals.

ProFantasy offers a lot of content (including map styles) through their Annuals product. Previous year annuals are available for purchase at their website. Each of those annuals includes the appropriate year's full amount of content. The current-year annual has new content available each month during the year. I think that you have a pretty good understanding of the basics.