Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: *** NOTICE: 2019 Atlas Awards Discussion

Guild Journeyer Guild Supporter onez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Onez: I like that idea, but I'm not sure how we'd implement it. Nate is really a one of a kind dedicated individual. I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head that's even in the same league as far as volume of work in the same project/setting is concerned. And he's always adding to it, so how would it work as a yearly nomination type thing?
    Yeah that was my thought as well. Too bad :/

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Sorry, I don't know for others members, but the Atlas Award thumbnail's page is empty when I click on the link... I don't get it, because before the voting, I could see all the maps, and now I don't see any... Can someone explain ?

It's working just fine for me... Have you tried just closing the browser and/or reloading the page?

Another thing - I don't know if this is similar, but I used to have problems with the thumbnail gallery links too, and then ChickPea advised me to make sure I had the address of the Guild forums typed with the 'www' rather than without it. Something about wonky coding back when the site was set up or something to that effect. These days, I always use the www.cartographersguild.com address, and the thumbnail galleries always work as they should. So maybe give this a try, if you haven't already?
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Sorry, I don't know for others members, but the Atlas Award thumbnail's page is empty when I click on the link... I don't get it, because before the voting, I could see all the maps, and now I don't see any... Can someone explain ?
    I'm not sure but I think we are still in the selection mode and the thumbnails will be loaded with the selected maps. Maybe I'm confused as well but if so then I'm in the same boat as -JO- and when you click on the challenge thumbnails they are empty. Sort of like if everyone in a challenge forgot the ### Latest... tags.

If you look at the first post in the thread however -Jo-, there is a link to the "eligible entries" to choose from.

Hope that helps, I've been a bit preoccupied lately so I haven't been involved much in this.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Oh, I seem to have been talking out of my ass earlier. I've been following the links in the individual nominations threads, I thought that was what we were talking about! The actual thumbnail gallery link at the top of the Atlas subforum comes up empty for me as well. Sorry, my bad!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    It's not a bad idea, but the truth is that we don't get many new tutorials these days. Probably a handful a year. Older tutorials wouldn't be eligible because they weren't created in 2018. We need each award to be open to a fairly wide range of artists, and I think this category is too narrow as it stands.

We'll certainly consider suggestions for next year but we're sorted for this year's categories, and I think Diamond will be opening the nominations threads later tonight, all going to plan. I hope you've got your nominations ready!

Good luck everyone.
    Maybe an award for tutorials would help stimulate people to make more of them?

Hi guys, the link for the thumbnails is the one Diamond posted in the first comment - go here. Is that working for you?

I remember Redrobes commenting before that mobiles (and possibly tablets?) may struggle with that page because of the number of image files. If your phone won't load it, could you perhaps try on a desktop/laptop?

If it's still blank, I'm not sure what to suggest. It's certainly working for me right now.

EDIT: I think I see the issue... you've assumed it's the link in the Atlas Awards folder where you'd normally look if you wanted to see challenge thumbnails. That's not being used here because we have to filter the maps by year (I actually completely forgot that link was there!) I think that was a holdover from the original annual challenge we did back in 2015. No, that's not being used this time. It's the link I posted above, and which Diamond has posted in all the nomination threads. Sorry for the confusion!
    Last edited by ChickPea; 02-04-2019 at 05:54 PM.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

This is not posted in Finished map section. but i DO want to vote for this.

City of Argona, by Ilanthar - https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...l=1#post390885

If it is not eligible, I demand Ilanthar post this in Finished map section !!!

Edit: I just relised it was posted on January 1st 2019.... Ilanthar... you were late ONE FRIKKIN' DAY, how could you do that ;( ;( ;(
    Last edited by Voolf; 02-04-2019 at 10:30 PM.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

My bad... I did forget about the link in Diamond's first comment... And I thought it was the thumbnail !
    Sorry for the mistake, it's all working good !

As a new guild member, that is one intimidating (and inspiring) wall of maps! Dang you folks were busy last year!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast