Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: *** NOTICE: 2019 Atlas Awards Discussion

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Default *** NOTICE: 2019 Atlas Awards Discussion

Hey all, the nominations threads for the 2019 Atlas Awards will open this Sunday the 3rd of February. On that day, I will be posting the category nomination threads. The first post of each thread will specify what should be nominated for that category. There will inevitably be some gray areas and overlap, but I'll try to be as clear as possible.

Some notes:

-- These are all the eligible contenders for the 2019 Atlas Awards:

https://www.cartographersguild.com/f...y=2018&ty=2018

-- If you click directly on the picture, it will show you only the picture. However, if you click on the title below the picture, it will take you to the thread.
    -- When nominating a map in the appropriate category/thread, PLEASE include a link to the THREAD, not just the picture by itself. This will save the CLs much time and effort when it's time to set up the polls. Something like this:

(In the Best Regional Map category/thread) I nominate Loyola, by -JO- https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...782#post368782

Simple as that. You can abbreviate the thread title, as I did above. That's fine, since you'll be including a link to the original thread, right?

-- You will be allowed ONE nomination per category, and you cannot nominate one of your own maps. If there are more than one nomination by the same person in the same category, all nominations but the first will be deleted.
    -- You CAN nominate the same map for multiple categories, if appropriate.
    -- The categories will be the same as last year, with some further clarification about what's appropriate to each category.
    -- Nominations will be open for one month, beginning Sunday 3 February and ending Sunday 3 March. Then there will likely be a one-week period where we collate and organize the polls. Voting will open on Sunday 10 March and will run for one week. (That could run slightly longer; we'll have more info closer to the target date.)

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here, and I'll do my best to answer them.
    Last edited by Diamond; 02-03-2019 at 02:54 PM.

Great ! Thanks Diamond, many good maps to choose from this year.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Awesome! Thanks, D. Let's get this show on the road, folks, this should be fun!

May the odds ever be in your favor!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Cool , just one question, if are maps made in 2018 wht award is called 2019?
    Also there is a map I think deserves nomination that is not in the list, perhaps doesn't meet requirements ?
    I am not sure if I am allowed but if so I would propose for best worldmap the runeterra one 2018, or perhaps since is a work team I guess is not elegible?
    https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ight=Runeterra
    Is awesome though.
    Last edited by Naima; 01-29-2019 at 01:46 AM.

The Runeterra map is actually in the thumbnail list, I was just looking at it myself. So fear not, it's eligible Easy to miss them in the sea of maps.

I was also wondering about the Runeterra map, however, should it really be eligible since it’s a living document? Far as we know it might have been updated yesterday, so it’s not really a finished map, like the creator writes :O

Cheers,
    Karl

The map at their web site may be a living document, but it looks to me like the version that Naima linked to in Finished Maps is a static jpg that hasn't been changed since July (there's no edit comment on their post). And, in fact, the artist hasn't logged in to the Guild since the end of July, so it's definitely not been updated!

If this map were nominated, voters should be judging based on the version uploaded to the Guild, not any other version. If the thread were to be edited now, that would be a problem. But as it stands today, I think it's fine. Hope that helps.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Hm, a good point by Karl. I was thinking that too.

There are also some really awesome pieces that I think would otherwise deserve nominations, but I'd be a little reluctant to give it to them since the creators are not really active in this community. I'd much rather give the awards to the people who actually hang out here at least on a semi-regular basis. Of course most of us have taken long breaks from this forum at one point or another and that's fine, I don't mean that, but there have been some people who have shown up to post a single map and haven't been seen since. Their absence doesn't make the works any less awesome, but even so.

Edit: Ninja'd by CP
    Last edited by Kellerica; 01-29-2019 at 03:55 AM.

Oooh, exciting ! I just joined the Guild at the end of 2018 Awards, so I'm happy to be there for the 2019 !

If I may... is there a problem with my Frel & Floris map ? 'sounds the tumbnail is missing.

So many awesome maps.
    Many I missed through out the year.
    I'll have to browse later tonight when I have more time.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast