Thread: *** NOTICE: 2019 Atlas Awards Discussion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Default *** NOTICE: 2019 Atlas Awards Discussion

Hey all, the nominations threads for the 2019 Atlas Awards will open this Sunday the 3rd of February. On that day, I will be posting the category nomination threads. The first post of each thread will specify what should be nominated for that category. There will inevitably be some gray areas and overlap, but I'll try to be as clear as possible.

Some notes:

-- These are all the eligible contenders for the 2019 Atlas Awards:

https://www.cartographersguild.com/f...y=2018&ty=2018

-- If you click directly on the picture, it will show you only the picture. However, if you click on the title below the picture, it will take you to the thread.
    -- When nominating a map in the appropriate category/thread, PLEASE include a link to the THREAD, not just the picture by itself. This will save the CLs much time and effort when it's time to set up the polls. Something like this:

(In the Best Regional Map category/thread) I nominate Loyola, by -JO- https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...782#post368782

Simple as that. You can abbreviate the thread title, as I did above. That's fine, since you'll be including a link to the original thread, right?

-- You will be allowed ONE nomination per category, and you cannot nominate one of your own maps. If there are more than one nomination by the same person in the same category, all nominations but the first will be deleted.
    -- You CAN nominate the same map for multiple categories, if appropriate.
    -- The categories will be the same as last year, with some further clarification about what's appropriate to each category.
    -- Nominations will be open for one month, beginning Sunday 3 February and ending Sunday 3 March. Then there will likely be a one-week period where we collate and organize the polls. Voting will open on Sunday 10 March and will run for one week. (That could run slightly longer; we'll have more info closer to the target date.)

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here, and I'll do my best to answer them.
    Last edited by Diamond; 02-03-2019 at 02:54 PM.