Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: *** February 2019 Challenge: Commission a Guilder ***

Wow. I think the last challenge with so much buzz was from last January...
    Anyways, I'm in with whoever is OK with being my partner. It should get me in back to the Guild.
    A little note though, due to lack of a suitable scanner I can only go A4, unless you don't mind phone pics for a3...
    Good luck all! This is going to go down in guild history...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    So many people stepping up, I love it! A whole bunch of great teams too. This is going to be, or hell, it's already a blast!

I relate to this on a very personal level For years, I've been mentally ranking mapmakers and their work in this simple five-step scale: you have your Weak, Average, Good, Excellent and Screw You
    And yet you are definitely a "Screw You", Kellerica, so it's all good.

Looking forward to this challenge now. It's been a long time since I did a map for the pure pleasure of it. I think this will hit the spot just nicely.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post

Looking forward to this challenge now. It's been a long time since I did a map for the pure pleasure of it. I think this will hit the spot just nicely.
    Ramah, my old friend!

It's been a long time and I'm glad to see that you're back in the fray. You may not recall, but it was your map Vaniya? that inspired me to join the guild and start map-making, maybe ten or eleven years ago.

Anywho, I don't really have time to compete, but if I wait for that to happen, it will never happen. So I'm throwing my hat in the ring. My commission will simply be "hall of maps." Anyone want to partner?
    ----------
    My Deviant Art Map Gallery

That has to be one of the nicest things anyone's ever said to me!

Oh, and cool to see you posting again, Immolate. I've seen your name around the older threads here and there, but I don't believe you've been that active around the time I've been here? A pleasure to make your acquaintance
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Oh no, I feel pressure not to "break" the Ramah.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    That has to be one of the nicest things anyone's ever said to me!

Oh, and cool to see you posting again, Immolate. I've seen your name around the older threads here and there, but I don't believe you've been that active around the time I've been here? A pleasure to make your acquaintance
    Nice to meet you as well. I have to say that I like your work. It appeals to these old eyes. Your use of limited color palettes is also pleasing. Being colorblind, overly diverse palettes can turn maps to mush for me.
    ----------
    My Deviant Art Map Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Immolate View Post
    Nice to meet you as well. I have to say that I like your work. It appeals to these old eyes. Your use of limited color palettes is also pleasing. Being colorblind, overly diverse palettes can turn maps to mush for me.
    Oh, why thank you! I can't say I've ever thought of my color use from the color blind perspective, but I've always found limited color schemes extremely pleasing.

I just realized why your name immediately rang a bell - I stumbled across that Wheel of Time map of yours not that long ago. Great stuff!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Expert

I hope it's not too late to join in but me and JO have partnered up for the challenge. I may or may not have time to finish but I'll give it a shot anyway.

Added kacey & -JO- to the list.

I think Immolate is still needing a partner which goes to show how crazy this already is. I don't want to get over hyped but this is shaping into a really sweet challenge.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Immolate View Post
    Ramah, my old friend!

It's been a long time and I'm glad to see that you're back in the fray. You may not recall, but it was your map Vaniya? that inspired me to join the guild and start map-making, maybe ten or eleven years ago.

Anywho, I don't really have time to compete, but if I wait for that to happen, it will never happen. So I'm throwing my hat in the ring. My commission will simply be "hall of maps." Anyone want to partner?
    Of course I remember, man. It's great to see you again and I'm really glad you'll be entering this madness.

I actually visited the forum this afternoon and saw your name at the bottom as being online and I was like, "Ah, cool! Immolate still comes on here!"

Actually, every map I do I remember you and your colour blindness and think to myself, "Now, musn't have red on green unless necessary." And then totally ignore my own warning and place red markers on green fields. Hehe. Well, it's the thought that counts, right?
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast