Thread: Sketch for Republic of Helonde

Default Sketch for Republic of Helonde

I made this map more as a sketch last year.

I am creating a homebrew fantasy world for D&D and I am planning to start soon the final version of entire world.
    This is just a small piece of a continent called Sargon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map of Republic of Helonde.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	3.20 MB 
ID:	113088

Replubic?

Other than that one spelling issue, the main other thing I'd point out for improvement is the rivers. For one thing, they are extremely straight. Rivers are twisty, winding things. That island that Kimbaraz is on? That an absolutely huge river island. For a more realistic piece, I'd suggest reconsidering it, but for a D&D map, it should be fine. The coastlines are also too smooth to look natural. Mostly, the obvious things to improve are largely a matter of practice and putting in more detail work over time.

None of this is critical for a map for your own use. What you have is certainly pretty enough, and one can easily call it an in-world map and excuse the rivers and coastlines as lacking detail due to a lack of surveying data. There looks to be plenty of room for adventure. One thing that catches my eye is that windmill. What is it doing out in the middle of nowhere? No good, I expect.