Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: February 2019 Challenge: The Sundown Cities

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I'm just not going to have time to do any experimenting with 'Sundown Shading' like I wanted to, so this will have to be the end. I added in the few extra woodlands I wanted to, changed the roads, softened/blurred the cities and lightened their opacity just a bit to be more in line with the other elements, and added in a few pictures.

Credits for pictures:

Warriors: https://www.123rf.com/photo_61281542...ustration.html
    Vampire: http://www.warehouse23.com/products/...estial-vampire

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SundownCities10.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	114177  

As always amazing work Diamond! I love all the special illustrations you are using here with the knights/warriors throughout the map.

Great work Diamond. This looks amazing. I especially like the minimalistic yet convincing way that you represented the forests

Cheers,
    Karl

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    As always amazing work Diamond! I love all the special illustrations you are using here with the knights/warriors throughout the map.
    Thanks! I always want to try and do my own artwork for stuff like that, but I never have time and just take the lazy way out. Maybe someday...
    Quote Originally Posted by tainotim View Post
    Great work Diamond. This looks amazing. I especially like the minimalistic yet convincing way that you represented the forests

Cheers,
    Karl
    Thank you. Whew! I'm glad someone liked the forests. I HATE drawing them, but I was kinda pleased with the way these turned out. It's not too far off from what I'd visualized in my head when I started, so I consider that a win.

You always go on about eating other mappers' brains, but you sure have enough for yourself, it seems to be! Lovely map, awesome 100 %!

Fantastic job on this, Diamond! Wonderful layout of all the details and rendering of them, I enjoyed exploring it...and the background image gave it an extra dark mood.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678