Thread: Lost Map of The Prophecies of Sarpens

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Southern Crane's Avatar

Default Lost Map of The Prophecies of Sarpens

Hello all,

So I started this challenge map a long time ago. It was from one of the prophecy challenges. It was too ambitious as I had many other projects. I recently found it and used some public domain silhouettes to complete it. It was originally based on ideas I collected for World of Darkness campaign a long time ago. Glad to reuse some of the ideas with this and finally get it done-ish. Diamond and Daelin were big inspirations for this style .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prophecies-of-Sarpens.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	2.96 MB 
ID:	113372
    Last edited by Southern Crane; 02-11-2019 at 10:09 PM. Reason: wrong upload

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Very cool, glad you were able to come back to it. I love the ideas in this one, can definitely see Daelin's influence in the unusual (and awesome) naming conventions. Only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the tilted labels where they don't need to be, especially since everything on the northwest continent is level.

Nice work. I think the coastlines could use some sort a blend to the land elements (right now it's kinda obvious that they cut off mountains etc. at certain points), and I really don't think Harrington is a good fit for the rest of the typefaces used here. But the reliefs and the overall tone of the piece work well.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.