Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Masdegar's House (reboot)

Map Masdegar's House (reboot)

And I finally finished that one. This is inspired by previous works from - JO - here at the guild, and based on a tutorial from Guillaume Tavernier (make sure to check both their work!).

It's half the real size.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Masdegar House half.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	3.55 MB 
ID:	113115

Hope you'll like it!

I think it looks great. Not much else to say. =P
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

HOLY....

Well, I know what I'm nominating for 'Best Structure Map' next year!

Amazing, and nothing else.
    Yup.
    'want to live in that tower and look at the Eldroran's sky every night.

The drawings and the colors are beyond beautiful, and the perspective is superbly done! Congrats on finishing this one.

My design-oriented ass is not wild about the overall layout of the floor plans on the single page, though. I'm honestly not sure how I would have done it, but as it is right now looks a little unbalanced with the four different floors in four corners like this. Lots of things crammed into a corner at certain places, and a lot of empty dead space in other. That is really not related to the map itself, of course, and as I said that part is excellent! This is just the kind of thing that I live for
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Beautiful and detailed ! Such a good job ! I'm glad you looked at Tavernier's tutorial and found some inspiration !

By Larb
    I think it looks great. Not much else to say. =P
    Thanks!

BY Diamond
    HOLY....
    Well, I know what I'm nominating for 'Best Structure Map' next year!
    dont't hurry! There's plenty of time left in 2019 for everyone to do awesome maps. Still, thanks a lot !

By MistyBeee
    Amazing, and nothing else.
    Yup.
    'want to live in that tower and look at the Eldroran's sky every night.
    Thanks, Beee!
    And it's gonna be Domhantyr's sky.... I know, I've developped too many settings.

By Kellerica
    The drawings and the colors are beyond beautiful, and the perspective is superbly done! Congrats on finishing this one.

My design-oriented ass is not wild about the overall layout of the floor plans on the single page, though. I'm honestly not sure how I would have done it, but as it is right now looks a little unbalanced with the four different floors in four corners like this. Lots of things crammed into a corner at certain places, and a lot of empty dead space in other. That is really not related to the map itself, of course, and as I said that part is excellent! This is just the kind of thing that I live for
    Thanks a lot, Kell !
    Truth be told, I wasn't going for that layout at first. I was thinking of a page with a vertical presentation from top to bottom, text on the side. But, the size of the pictures at full res (2 times bigger than what I posted here) left me no choice. It would have been gigantic otherwise. I will think more about this next time.

By - JO -
    Beautiful and detailed ! Such a good job ! I'm glad you looked at Tavernier's tutorial and found some inspiration !
    Thanks a lot! And I'm really glad you pointed me toward it. I knew his incredible job, I didn't knew he made tutorials.
    It's a big step forward for me. I think I learned a lot on different things.
    Last edited by Ilanthar; 02-06-2019 at 06:07 AM.

Really wonderful piece of work, Ilanthar

This is outstanding work. I love it so much.
    By the way, please post the City of Argona in Finishd map section. I wanted to nominate it for the best city this year, but you were ONE DAY LATE posting it. It's gonna be my fav for the next year then...
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    And it's gonna be Domhantyr's sky.... I know, I've developped too many settings.
    Firstly, you surely don't developp too many anything. A world is not complete until you designed the slight twist an microscopic film or rust of t last nail of the last cabin of the last fisher of the smallest island in the Northen point in every single of your maps.
    Secondly, if any kind of magic ever allow me to put my luggages (honey, mostly, plus a pair of replacement fluffy stripes for chilly evenings) in this tower, I don't see why it would not let me see any sky I may want

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast