Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: February 2019 Challenge: Laugdenor's Tower

I love the garden! I’m super excited to see what you do with the second floor!

Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    It's late, and I hurt, so I am going to post this quickly. The first floor and garden is complete. I'm still working on the floor of my first level, I may have found something that works.

Now it's time to start working on the second floor. So here is what I have.
    Yes, yes. This is beginning to look like something.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

It took a couple of false starts, but the second level is now underway. I decided that each level was going to have a different floor, to break things up a bit. I've only been able to complete the library this far, which was one of the requirements for my tower. That is now two out of the three requirements I was given: garden, library, observatory. The rest of this floor is going to be Laugdenor's work room, office, and his portal. This is the portal that he uses. There is actually a second portal, which can't be seen, that can be reached by the small cave entrance off his garden. That portal will would take him to a set of tunnels in the mountain just under his floating island, and can be reached by a secret door somewhere on the mountain. This way, I am incorporating part of Domino's map. I basically figured out a reason for those doors in the side of the mountain below.

I've made the shadow slightly longer on this floor, to show the increase in height. More updates to follow

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laugdenors Tower6.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	113373

Laugdenor sat on the stone bench with his back to his little pond. His focus was not here, but on the fountain, and flower beds in the back garden. Staring out into the little slice of wild, natural beauty, gave him a much needed sense of tranquility. Rumors in the wind were now reaching him, here. Whispers of shadows walking on their own, their touch leeching the life of everything in reach, had left him cold. Already, it had begun. Live stock in the remote villages of the kingdom were mutating, and attacking the farmers. The smaller seas were slowly turning to acid, and Man was now actively seeking him, his counsel.

He was not ready. And Man was not ready for him to return. They needed to band together, and fight this evil until their hour of true need. Then he would return to them. In the mean time, me must complete his task, and continue his studies. Whispers on the wind told him that time was running out...
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

The second floor library is coming along nicely.
    2 suggestions.
    the bookshelves near the little round table have a white line at the base which makes them look disconnected from the floor.

The patchwork rug doesn't work with the furniture on it, it looks like a puzzle put together wrong. I think a different rug would work better.
    Maybe one of these:

Name:	21-Ailish_Rug_Claret_Black_bg.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	625.5 KB 
ID:	113377Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21-Animalprint-rug88_bg.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	978.3 KB 
ID:	113378Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21-leopard-rug25_bg.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	438.8 KB 
ID:	113379Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rug22.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	798.9 KB 
ID:	113380

hmmmm… Bogie, you're right about those book shelves, I didn't notice that line when I was placing them. And I think I may have those rugs... between your mapping objects, and the Dundjinni Archives, I'm sure I have something better than the patchwork. This floor, like the first one, will probably go through many changes before I settle on something I like.

What about the floor? I was originally thinking of different floors for all three levels, but I'm beginning to think differently. I like the more uniform color of the second floor, and I'm working if it will work better for the first floor as well. I'm going to switch it out, and let you all tell me what you think.
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

Okay, here is the reprised version with the second floor. I switched out the book shelves, and the rug in the second floor, I also switched the cedar floor on the first floor so that now the first two floors will be uniform. Hope this looks better!

### Latest WIP ###Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laugdenors Tower6.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	113381
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

Oh, that is definitely my new favorite floor! I love how the garden turned out! The library looks great so far! Keep up the great work!

Ah yes, much better. Great choice of textures. I also noticed that with more trees & buildings the repetition pattern of the grass does not show much either.

exactly... I knew it wouldn't, that's why I wasn't as worried about it. Most of the grass will be covered by the time I'm done.
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

Second floor of this tower is now complete, with the exception of lighting, which I will be doing last, and all at once. I've decided that my portal, my scrying pool, and my observatory will all be on the same floor, the third floor. So that gave me extra space down here to expand my library. I've made the library/office to occupy one half of the second floor, and the work room on the other half, and a separate stair leading to the last, and final floor. I also put his magic circle on this floor, within his work area, which just made sense to me.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Laugdenors Tower7.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	113505

Laugdenor sat heavily in his chair, and put his head on the table for a moment. Completing the second floor of his tower took more out of him than he had expected. But then he was pushing himself to get this done and get it done quickly, yet he still had to pay attention to the smallest details. Mistakes in a wizard's work room could cause distasters of catastrophic porportions. He couldn't omit a single flourish, not if he wanted his workroom, his tower, to withstand the worst to come.

Still, He did manage to finish, from all of his books, to his maps; he even managed to add his magic circle. He glanced at the glowing blue on the floor. Within twenty four candlemarks, he would have means to revitalize and replenish himself, when ever needed. He would be able to summon, command and manipulate the magic as needed.

The whispers were coming more frequently, now. Even those completely not attuned to the waves of evil permeating the land were starting to feel something. 4 Kings had already sent out messages to him, seeking his council. They hadn't found him. The wispers, the hints were getting louder.

At least now, he had a place to truly study, prepare himself for what was coming
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast