Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: February 2019 Challenge: The Mountain of Rasgar

Guild Expert

So awesome! I especially like the tree roots coming out from under the bottom of the rock, this is super cute, I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    I really like the idea of the nebula in your Constellation, I will add that later.

I haven't been able to work a lot on this the last few days because I'm working on another project. I added more water falling over the bottom mountain (per requests), some of the constellations and night sky elements, labels, and some corner decorations.

Again everyone participating in this challenge is going to get their own constellation, nebula, star, or cluster. If anyone that I haven't added yet has any requests feel free to give them to me!

### Latest WIP ###
    Attachment 113699
    Woohoo!! My second constellation (aeshnidae gave me my first). This is looking really good Domino. Gonna be some REALLY tough voting here in a few weeks.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    whoa, I was just looking at this closer and realized a bunch of cool details (faces in the forest...shivers). Also, thanks for giving me a constellation, that's awesome. And Jester is correct.

By the way, I think this really really looks like an album cover and the labels are the songs. Nailed it!
    I'm really happy you like the jester I wasn't positive that I was right.
    I can see the album similarity now that you pointed it out and I kinda like love that!

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Awww... my own perfect cluster, looking like a starry bee(e) swarm ! Thanks so much, Domino !!

'love what you did with the color here by the way, and love the 'dreamy spirit' you have for the whole map
    You deserve your own cluster! I thought that it was perfect for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    Very nice , Very Fable style , inspiring and mesmerizing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Onirian View Post
    Yes, it's a very poetic piece. I love the... feeling it inspires me.
    Thank you both! I also don't have a constellation for either of you yet but I'm working on it!

Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    ahhhh… the L Storm Galaxy, and you made it purple, which is my favorite color!!!! That is soooo cool! Laugdenor's Tower has such a beautiful view! I absolutely LOVE the constellations!!! A great way to commemorate this challenge!

I do have one more suggestion... and it's basically another one of my stray thoughts. Maybe add some more depth to the mountain itself, with varying shades of brown? To make it earthier, maybe a little less rocky. And perhaps a little more greenery on the floating part of the mountain, so that the garden has something to blend into, maybe.

Okay, that's two suggestions... but this is such a fantastic map, it keeps setting my imagination wild!
    I didn't know purple is your favorite color I'm so happy that turned out so well!

I will work with the mountain color more, I agree that it could have some more depth.

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    So awesome! I especially like the tree roots coming out from under the bottom of the rock, this is super cute, I love it.
    Thank you! The roots were suggested by Naima and I really like how they turned out!

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    Woohoo!! My second constellation (aeshnidae gave me my first). This is looking really good Domino. Gonna be some REALLY tough voting here in a few weeks.
    Lucky you! Two constellations! I'm really happy you like it!

I just thought of something else... I swear, by the time this is finished, you are going to hate me! lol.

It's actually a request... because I had an idea. #9. The Azul Door - could that be Laugdenor's door? Kind of like the door into the Mines of Moria in Fellowship of the Ring? Let me explain my thought process...

Laugdenor has virtually cut himself off from civilization, because he knows there is a time coming when a great evil will permeate the world. He's already seen the signs and portents pointing to this. He needs to ready and prepare himself for what's to come, which is why he is building his tower on top of the floating mountain... far away from Man's reach.

But he knows that there will come a time when Man must be able to get to him. But to be able to prove their desperate need, and to prove their worthiness, Laugdenor has set a test, which begins with finding him, and ends with the questor finding a way to get to his tower. It would start, at the Azul Door, which would be magically locked, with a riddle the questors must solve to get the door to open. Once they get inside the door, they will have to traverse a maze of tunnels, with dangerous obstacles, to get to the top, and the portal, which will take them to another set of tunnels, before they finally exit out just beyond the tower's front steps.

Is there any way that you could show the Azul door with a magical glow, to show that it is wizard locked?
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Very poetic... the sky is beautiful and the constellations are an excellent idea! Very nice map !

The colors are absolutely beautiful, damn. I love how this is turning out.

And I have a constellation!!! And it's a stag! Aghhh I love it, this makes me so happy!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

I just thought of something else... I swear, by the time this is finished, you are going to hate me! lol.

It's actually a request... because I had an idea. #9. The Azul Door - could that be Laugdenor's door? Kind of like the door into the Mines of Moria in Fellowship of the Ring? Let me explain my thought process...

Laugdenor has virtually cut himself off from civilization, because he knows there is a time coming when a great evil will permeate the world. He's already seen the signs and portents pointing to this. He needs to ready and prepare himself for what's to come, which is why he is building his tower on top of the floating mountain... far away from Man's reach.

But he knows that there will come a time when Man must be able to get to him. But to be able to prove their desperate need, and to prove their worthiness, Laugdenor has set a test, which begins with finding him, and ends with the questor finding a way to get to his tower. It would start, at the Azul Door, which would be magically locked, with a riddle the questors must solve to get the door to open. Once they get inside the door, they will have to traverse a maze of tunnels, with dangerous obstacles, to get to the top, and the portal, which will take them to another set of tunnels, before they finally exit out just beyond the tower's front steps.

Is there any way that you could show the Azul door with a magical glow, to show that it is wizard locked?
    That shouldn't be that difficult, I have the glow blue right now but let me know if you want a different color for the glow.
    I think this story would make a great Dnd campaign, to bad I don't play Dnd...

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Very poetic... the sky is beautiful and the constellations are an excellent idea! Very nice map !
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    The colors are absolutely beautiful, damn. I love how this is turning out.

And I have a constellation!!! And it's a stag! Aghhh I love it, this makes me so happy!
    Thank you JO and your constellation is coming with the next update!

Kellerica I'm so happy you like your stag! Thanks for the positive feedback!

actually, I'm planning on using these two maps (or I may make my own version of your map) for my Goddess of Light campaign... which is based off of a book I wrote decades ago. Unfortunately, the book and all of my notes for the series it was going to be was lost in a dorm fire when I was at college. A challenge I was in last October kind of brought the story back to the forefront of my mind, so I'm recreating the story in the form of a D&D 5th ed. campaign.
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Oh a constellation for me ! My first and for my first participation on a challenge, thanks a lot !
    So... It can be anything you want, but near the Beee's constellation ^_^ (if it's not already done, in that case, I just not want to bother you, it already very cool to have my own constellation ^^).

actually, I'm planning on using these two maps (or I may make my own version of your map) for my Goddess of Light campaign... which is based off of a book I wrote decades ago. Unfortunately, the book and all of my notes for the series it was going to be was lost in a dorm fire when I was at college. A challenge I was in last October kind of brought the story back to the forefront of my mind, so I'm recreating the story in the form of a D&D 5th ed. campaign.
    Thats awesome (except the part about losing all your work in a fire), I'm happy you're going to put these to a good use! You do have my permission to use it in your personal campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Onirian View Post
    Oh a constellation for me ! My first and for my first participation on a challenge, thanks a lot !
    So... It can be anything you want, but near the Beee's constellation ^_^ (if it's not already done, in that case, I just not want to bother you, it already very cool to have my own constellation ^^).
    Thank you Onirian! I have a spot for you close to MistyBee That will come with the next update!

So I still have a few more constellations to add and I'm going to play with some of the mountain colors but here is another update with a few more constellations! I also added a blue glow around the Azul door for Storm.

I had a really hard time finding out what to do for Kacey's constellation but I decided on a unicorn after going through her thread and seeing that her daughter loves unicorns
    And I was having a hard time deciding what to do for Naima but I decided to make Naima the nebula inside of the bogie constellation because I think Naima has a great eye for art.
    I really love the way that Ilanthar's Newt constellation turned out with it's tail wrapped around the north star.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Floating mountain7.png 
Views:	73 
Size:	6.49 MB 
ID:	113796

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast