Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: February 2019 Challenge: Earth Reboot, New Eden

I like your mountains too.

The test you did is ok but they don't look natural. Way too pointy.

Yup, thanks Azélor.

And I'm still trying to finish those mountains... maybe I did too much of them. I'll have to manage the rest of the land.
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Eden.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	3.28 MB 
ID:	113353

This is Amazing , love the mountains...
    How much time you took so far for making this and how big is ur canvas?

Great job so far, Ilanthar. Your commissioner is allready seduced by your interpretation of his little brief . Hope you manage to finish it in time, it will be another proof of your incredible talent. I'll be in the contest as soon as possible, some commission to deal with (and your commission give me some shrill, I'll test to draw another style of map than usual for me)
    Cheers.

By Naima
    This is Amazing , love the mountains...
    How much time you took so far for making this and how big is ur canvas?
    Thanks, Naima! Btw, you know that your Fresco of Ausonia & Chashio's work are my main inspirations for those kind of mountains, right?
    I really don't know how much time I spent on this. I'm working on several things meanwhile so... As for the size, as usual for me I'm working at this size directly.

By Warlin
    Great job so far, Ilanthar. Your commissioner is allready seduced by your interpretation of his little brief . Hope you manage to finish it in time, it will be another proof of your incredible talent. I'll be in the contest as soon as possible, some commission to deal with (and your commission give me some shrill, I'll test to draw another style of map than usual for me)
    That's a massive relief to read this! I was really anxious you didn't like it/I've gone the wrong direction. Huge thanks. I'll try to finish it, for sure (not sure at all about the optional additions). As you know, I also have some commissions to deal with & I'm going to ski from tomorrow and during a week (and may not be able to work on many things : time & old laptop...).
    About my commission, don't overthink it too much, I'm sure you'll do something great.

Mountains are mostly done. I'm trying to texture/work a bit the rest of the land.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Views:	65 
Size:	3.41 MB 
ID:	113388

PS: I think I know how to get the result I initially got in mind... but that would take ages in comparison (because contour > wilbur > blender > krita). Maybe another time or later.
    Last edited by Ilanthar; 02-12-2019 at 09:41 AM.

Blender and wilbur? How to apply to a handmade map?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    ...Btw, you know that your Fresco of Ausonia & Chashio's work are my main inspirations for those kind of mountains, right? ...
    That makes me happy! I'm glad my stuff inspires you, and they are awesome mountains!

This feels like it could be a CC in the making

Cheers,
    Karl

@Naima : Here's a quick shot of my Verdugo island done in Blender from the height map done in Wilbur.

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	32 
Size:	263.5 KB 
ID:	113523

@Chashio: Thanks, glad you like them!

@Tainotim : thanks, you're too kind! I'm currently having a break, skiing during a week. So not so full of energy and motivation for mapping. I'm gonna move slowly these next days.

OK, not much more, but I started to work on this again. Mountains are mostly done. I added some shade of blue for waters.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Views:	41 
Size:	4.50 MB 
ID:	113793

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast