Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: February 2019 Challenge: The Diamond Trade Route

Such a neat and effective way of explaining the trade routes, and a really elegant map. It makes me wonder if anyone has tried to establish rival trade routes - e.g. direct from Shazar to Cethon across the mountains! What would have become of such a venture...?

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    I like clean and crisp , so i will not change that for the lower informative part, but i did lover the opacity of the icons on the map. I think it looks a bit better ?
    Yes, it does look better. And I guess it's just me that likes the less crisp look Regardless of personal taste and preferences, this is objectively a fantastic map

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

That's looking great Voolf
    The icons are wonderful and the route is lively and fun.

This looks absolutely wonderful! I love the 'Goods' icons, it's such a clean and beautiful map!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
    It's beautiful. When can we see the rest of the map?

And I'm glad you changed those distances. I looked at it earlier but didn't have time to comment and they immediately jumped out at me as being... enthusiastic.
    Haha, i think i need a proper paid commission to make another chunk of the land for this one .
    "enthusiastic".... haha thank you for being so considerate in choosing the nice words. I should place the running siihlouette instead of walking for the previous numbers

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanCR View Post
    Such a neat and effective way of explaining the trade routes, and a really elegant map. It makes me wonder if anyone has tried to establish rival trade routes - e.g. direct from Shazar to Cethon across the mountains! What would have become of such a venture...?
    That would be much dangerous, yet more profitable trade route for sure. I thought of making more routes on the map at the beginning, but later deleted it, because the map became too cluttered with lines, icons and names. This style is not good for lots of information placed on the map, unfortunately ;(.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    Yes, it does look better. And I guess it's just me that likes the less crisp look Regardless of personal taste and preferences, this is objectively a fantastic map

Wingshaw
    Thank you Wingshaw. I am not sure if that is only you, but it's perfectly fine. Diversity in everything makes this world awesome

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    That's looking great Voolf
    The icons are wonderful and the route is lively and fun.
    Thank you John

Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    This looks absolutely wonderful! I love the 'Goods' icons, it's such a clean and beautiful map!
    Thank you Domino
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Ok, I have set the pace to 35KM per day on foot and 60KM per day with horse. I know there are a lot of factors that determine the speed on the way, but since it's just a casual map i won't get into it too much.

Anyway those numbers really looks better than before, so thank you very much Naima!

I like clean and crisp , so i will not change that for the lower informative part, but i did lover the opacity of the icons on the map. I think it looks a bit better ?

Thank you

### Latest WIP ###

Attachment 113821
    Very good ! I think it come out pretty great and yes looks even better!

This is a fantastic looking and impressively organized map and legend, Voolf. Excellent job!

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    This is a fantastic looking and impressively organized map and legend, Voolf. Excellent job!
    Thank you very much Chashio
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567