Thread: Howdy there...

Default Howdy there...

Been away for a bit, poking my head back in for a bit.

Did some maps (posted here: https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=43419) for a friend's D&D campaign. Finished them up today.

And that was just in time!

My good old laptop (old Vaio) is on her last legs. Just last week, she turned *eight* years old. About a month ago, she started having issues that indicated her hard drive was failing. And the last few days, she's been having lots of trouble. I'm pretty sure those maps are her last job.

All the important data is backed up and the new one, coming in a week, is an Asus Vivobook Pro.

Very happy with Sony, and a bit sad they're not on the market anymore, considering 5 years for a laptop is average.

May splurge and get myself a tablet and stylus for drawing....

A moment of silence to a faithful mapping companion, that has come to the end of her road.

Her last jobs were great, though! I hope your friend was happy with them. I'd be very interested to see what you could come up with with a tablet at your disposal - have you been using just a mouse until now?
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Just the mouse pad on the laptop.

I can't decide if you are really skilled or just insane Seriously, I have no idea how that is possible, I could never do that back when I last had a laptop. Respect!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

A lot of it is thanks to software...

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Hey Daistallia, welcome back! And I concur that software helps a lot. I do all of my stuff with a mouse, desktop, and PS.

Well, that map got a positive result. I was down at the LFGS tonight, it came up in conversation, and someone asked if I might be interested in a commission!

No details yet, but happy, happy!