So I'm working on a product idea that is largely a map product for a sci-fi game, while there will be content specific for Starfinder Roleplaying Game, in many ways this is a general sci-fi location map product usable for any sci-fi game system (Traveller, White Star, Star Wars, anything). It's getting a full moon surface map, and two important sites. Kos Veruk is a mining outpost owned by an order of mystics who've colonized this desert moon to build their holy sites, and discovered mountains containing vast, rare crystals that enhance the mystics arcane practices, so a valuable treasure which they keep secret. They contract a mining company, Fivecorp, to work the mines, though the mystics control the amounts allowed for harvest. Their earnings go into their treasure, as well as purchase security forces and an orbiting platform to keep their moon safe.

I'm using Vue Creator, a 3D terrain generator and rendering engine to create the illustration and top-down view. I've created 3D models of structures, the cloak on the statue using Wings 3D. The human figures were "created" in Poser 11, which is easier than actually modeling people. The map portion is being done in Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 365, a vector drawing program - what I use for all my maps.

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shauda-ekaan-map-draft.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	4.46 MB 
ID:	113262Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shauda Verukaan.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	113263