Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Artisan Guild Supporter Tenia's Avatar

Default Feb 2019 Challenge: The last charge of the Thurmatages

hello there!

Nice falconius gave me a potentially funny commission, here it is:

--------------------------
    THE COMMISSION!

I'd like a map of the undercroft or underbelly of a floating island, or region, or city/town your choice. Down in this undercroft are the forgotten, the unwanted, and those who hide. At the same time down here there are also mechanisms vital to the floating nature of the place, that need to be maintained and cared for. Those who oversee this essential task are known as Thurmatages, they can be a guild, an official service, or just eccentric loners, again your choice these are merely suggestions, with the title of your choice as long as it includes “Thurmatage”. Whatever they are, they have become obsessed with their tasks and have formed a symbiosis with the powers and benefits they receive in its performance whatever those may be.

Included in this map must be
    -some of the mechanisms
    -at least a rough indication of the ground or whatever is below
    -an indication that there is more occurring above the map
    -some sort of physical indicates of the presence of the Thurmatages specifically, and whatever you feel for the rest of the lowly denizens
    -some sort indicates of connection with the layers above and the ground below

Now reading this it seems like a troublesome task, feel free to scale it back to whatever you require in order feel comfortable to get it done in time, I put the list in order of the importance I think they are, but there's no hard order. I didn't want it to make it too detailed and limiting so you could let your imagination roam, but I also didn't want it to be too vague so you had something to sink your teeth into, I hope this will be fun for you
    ----------------------------

To kick me in the butt, stop procrastinating and begin something, below is a vague rought sketch of where it could go. I have no sure idea yet what the levitation mechanisms will be, but the thurmatages will probably be moles, I think they fit well with "the forgotten, the unwanted, and those who hide" and I may be add some references to The Duncton Wood (if Falconius allow this), although I've never drawn a mole of my life and those in Duncton don't use technology...

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thurmatages1.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	113274

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Nice and funny idea, moles ! You are off to a good start !

I don't know what Duncton's are, but I'll be happy to find out if/when you put Duncton references in the map. It looks like this will be a fun map Nice start.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

...on that dark day, mole poop rained from the sky, and all was lost. At least, that's what I'm imagining that hole in the bottom of the island is.

Dang, this should be another good one! How are we supposed to vote?!?

Nice start, I like the idea of mole people living underground keeping everything working, even if the lords living above have no idea what is going on under their castle.

Mole poop!? Where...where is my umbrella? Seriously though, this is gonna be an interesting one.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Yay, I'm glad I'm not all alone up in the sky! This challenge is proving to be extremely EPIC! Looking forward to following your progress.

Fun! Looks like another thread I'll keep an eye on.

Guild Artisan Guild Supporter Tenia's Avatar

Hi all,
    Still in draft form, with some details about the mechanism and the Thurmatages. I will redraw all this after.
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thurmatages3.png 
Views:	65 
Size:	5.85 MB 
ID:	113520

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Excellent! I had a good laugh reading about the subtle mechanisms of the island ! Congratulations! Such a lot of good ideas !

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast