Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: February 2019 Challenge: Beauty and the Beast village

Looking absolutely awesome Beee!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Holy crap, I don't look at this thread for a few days and Beee comes up with this amazeballs piece of ART! Loving it, Beee.

Quote Originally Posted by Llannagh View Post
    I am always in awe of people who can pull off perspectives... that is something i have to work too hard on to tackle just yet.

I really like the details on the castle and the buildings.
    Thanks so much, Llannagh ! I remember I used to be incredibly scary with perspective, but it's almost the kind of maps I prefer to work on now

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    I'd love to see you attempt to map a deep, lush rainforest just to see you hunt those bright greens
    Kell's legendary crualty !! I'll try to remember to not partner with you the next time there's a "commission a guilder challenge"
    But you'll be satisfied : I'm planning to add a dense forest around the castle

Quote Originally Posted by Tonquani View Post
    Looking absolutely awesome Beee!
    Thanks so much, Tonquani !

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Holy crap, I don't look at this thread for a few days and Beee comes up with this amazeballs piece of ART! Loving it, Beee.
    Thank you, Diamond ! Next step should be about ornaments, let's hope you'll love them too

Blog Entries

Beee, for sure this will be another piece of art! looks really nice! I feel honoured to compete in challenge with masters of mapping like you.

I keep checking this thread to see how you are going to bring this all together. I think you know where it's going and can visualize it but maybe my brain works differently so I'm really curious. I'm sure it will turn out great and I look forward to watching it happen. One of the best things about these challenges, I think, is they allow us to see a bit of the steps others use to get there. Same reason everyone enjoys watching an artist draw or paint.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Here we find again the magic of your village of Hogwarts! With a slightly different perspective, higher (which must be very difficult to draw... well done!) But, obviously, my favorite part is this magnificent castle (obviously, a fairy tale castle...): it is made with a beautiful "maestria" and also shows a beautiful imagination! Congratulations! I can't wait for the colors!

Quote Originally Posted by FranCobasGC View Post
    Beee, for sure this will be another piece of art! looks really nice! I feel honoured to compete in challenge with masters of mapping like you.
    Thanks so much, Fran ! Everyone is welcome, and that's why the Guild is the best place I ever found on the Internet ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    I keep checking this thread to see how you are going to bring this all together. I think you know where it's going and can visualize it but maybe my brain works differently so I'm really curious. I'm sure it will turn out great and I look forward to watching it happen. One of the best things about these challenges, I think, is they allow us to see a bit of the steps others use to get there. Same reason everyone enjoys watching an artist draw or paint.
    Hehe, yes, for sure ! It's always amazing to see how different our process are. I have a precise idea about where I'm going, but there's always surprises : sometimes what you have in mind finally does not work, or you have a new idea during the process which changes everything : I love to get surprised when I'm working on a personal project

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Here we find again the magic of your village of Hogwarts! With a slightly different perspective, higher (which must be very difficult to draw... well done!) But, obviously, my favorite part is this magnificent castle (obviously, a fairy tale castle...): it is made with a beautiful "maestria" and also shows a beautiful imagination! Congratulations! I can't wait for the colors!
    Thanks a lot for the kind words, Jo ! I often work on basic color masks while I work on the linework because it helps to check the composition and balance, so here is a first touch, just for you

-

Let's transform those green lines into something... French, inspired from crazy gothic art I saw here and there, with a touch of Art Nouveau. And let's add roses, of course ! ^^

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BeautyAndTheBeast_05_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	537.9 KB 
ID:	113762

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

OMG... ces entrelacs ! Incroyables !!!

WOW... That frame is awesome! I love it so much! With the roses and the thorns... Damn Misty...

Good. Lord.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast