Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: February 2019 Challenge: Beauty and the Beast village

This is... mesmerizing. Love the buildings & that frame!

This looks like it'd make a great book marker or something like that. Obviously hardly anyone needs those anymore but It's quite nice so far. All that scroll work is impressive.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    OMG... ces entrelacs ! Incroyables !!!
    Héhé, ravie que tu aimes ! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    WOW... That frame is awesome! I love it so much! With the roses and the thorns... Damn Misty...
    Thanks Domino !! The roses are a reference to the original tale where it's not an unique rose but a whole garden of them

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    Good. Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    This is... mesmerizing. Love the buildings & that frame!
    Always a pleasure ! 'need some more work on the bottom part now, hoping you'll love it too !

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    This looks like it'd make a great book marker or something like that. Obviously hardly anyone needs those anymore but It's quite nice so far. All that scroll work is impressive.
    Hmm... 18x44 centimeters are maybe... sliiiightly oversized for a book marker...? But... but... damn, challenge accepted ! I'm pretty sure I can find a book which can assume that !

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Thanks so much, Fran ! Everyone is welcome, and that's why the Guild is the best place I ever found on the Internet ^^

Hehe, yes, for sure ! It's always amazing to see how different our process are. I have a precise idea about where I'm going, but there's always surprises : sometimes what you have in mind finally does not work, or you have a new idea during the process which changes everything : I love to get surprised when I'm working on a personal project

Thanks a lot for the kind words, Jo ! I often work on basic color masks while I work on the linework because it helps to check the composition and balance, so here is a first touch, just for you

-

Let's transform those green lines into something... French, inspired from crazy gothic art I saw here and there, with a touch of Art Nouveau. And let's add roses, of course ! ^^

### Latest WIP ###
    Attachment 113762
    What is incredible is that its not even symetrical , many would have taken the easy route by using a mirror on the frame instead Misty took the hard and with a semisymmetrical in appearence but different in reality .
    Btw I noticed a small issue on the central left frond leaf that has its stem above the other leaf rather than behind :p ....
    Anyway looks great.

That's just excellent, Misty! Wonderful uniformity yet variety in the buildings.

This is looking so good, Beee
    Yes, choose the hard road, hand-drawn everything for the win. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    LOL well, I always hand draw/paint everything and I can assure you that doesn't always win. Still I too noticed these were not just mirror images of one another and that was a good move. Way to go!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    What is incredible is that its not even symetrical , many would have taken the easy route by using a mirror on the frame instead Misty took the hard and with a semisymmetrical in appearence but different in reality .
    Btw I noticed a small issue on the central left frond leaf that has its stem above the other leaf rather than behind :p ....
    Anyway looks great.
    Argh... those roses grow too wildly. I'll make sure I'll correct this, thanks so much for pointing this mistake !
    Easy route ? Nah. Never

Quote Originally Posted by The Lazy One View Post
    That's just excellent, Misty! Wonderful uniformity yet variety in the buildings.
    Thanks so much, Laz' ! Always glad you love my work ^^

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Hand-drawing, always ! And without coffee
    But... for the win ? I think you need some sleep, you probably missed all the other threads around

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    LOL well, I always hand draw/paint everything and I can assure you that doesn't always win. Still I too noticed these were not just mirror images of one another and that was a good move. Way to go!
    Glad people noticed it

dat frame. speechless. <3

Quote Originally Posted by RenflowerGrapx View Post
    dat frame. speechless. <3
    Hehe, glad you love it ! ^^

--

Time for a new update !
    - Added trees and forest (100% hand drawn garantee, 'cause I'm 50% perfectionist, 50% stupid ^^),
    - Added details on roofs (those things you start when you're on the phone),
    - Added river and roads ('still have some relief and so to add),
    - Added more tiny details no-one will notice (including one which was supposed to be especially French, but I learned later it's just in my region... ),
    - Corrected a mistake with interlacing (and found a new one I'll maybe change later. Or not. 'cause I feel lazy. 'cause it's Monday ).

Hope you'll love it ^^

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BeautyAndTheBeast_06_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	113910

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast