Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: February 2019 Challenge: Beauty and the Beast village

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Hehe, glad you love it ! ^^

--

Time for a new update !
    - Added trees and forest (100% hand drawn garantee, 'cause I'm 50% perfectionist, 50% stupid ^^),
    - Added details on roofs (those things you start when you're on the phone),
    - Added river and roads ('still have some relief and so to add),
    - Added more tiny details no-one will notice (including one which was supposed to be especially French, but I learned later it's just in my region... ),
    - Corrected a mistake with interlacing (and found a new one I'll maybe change later. Or not. 'cause I feel lazy. 'cause it's Monday ).

Hope you'll love it ^^

### Latest WIP ###
    Attachment 113910
    Speechless .. .Awesome drawing and detailing .

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    (100% hand drawn garantee, 'cause I'm 50% perfectionist, 50% stupid ^^),
    This made me laugh - I feel the same way.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Just amazing! Yes I love it! I'm not sure how anyone couldn't...

I’m speechless Beee. Your eye for detail is beyond and above what I could have hoped for and you have really captured the theme. This really is an amazing piece of art!

Cheers,
    Karl

I almost faint every time I see your work.
    This is absolutely so ODC, lol how can you be so accurate? Omg, luv that. Because I can say this is a map from Beee. That means a lot.

Wow
    Wow. And again wow.

Will we find some hints for a talking clock and chandelier maybe?(without copyright infringement of corse)
    And ..the horse running back hihi

OK.
    Wow.l, again.

Sent from my Lenovo A6020a40 using Tapatalk
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Wow! I didn't see that idea of a forest behind the interlacing coming.... That's a really great idea! Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    Speechless .. .Awesome drawing and detailing .
    Aww, thanks so much, Naima !

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    This made me laugh - I feel the same way.
    Yeah... I could also add a 3% stubborn somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    Just amazing! Yes I love it! I'm not sure how anyone couldn't...
    So glad you love it, Domino ! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by tainotim View Post
    I’m speechless Beee. Your eye for detail is beyond and above what I could have hoped for and you have really captured the theme. This really is an amazing piece of art!
    https://www.inprnt.com/gallery/mistybeee/
    Cheers,
    Karl
    You helped a lot : it was the perfect theme for what I wanted to explore : getting faster at drawing perspective town, trying more ambitious perspective trees than on Hogsmeade, and improve my flourishes skills

Quote Originally Posted by RenflowerGrapx View Post
    I almost faint every time I see your work.
    This is absolutely so ODC, lol how can you be so accurate? Omg, luv that. Because I can say this is a map from Beee. That means a lot.

Wow
    Wow. And again wow.

Will we find some hints for a talking clock and chandelier maybe?(without copyright infringement of corse)
    And ..the horse running back hihi

OK.
    Wow.l, again.

Sent from my Lenovo A6020a40 using Tapatalk
    "Because I can say this is a map from Beee." >> If it's what you feel, that surely means a lot, for sure !
    No clock nor chandelier are to expect, sadly, because I try to stay between the Disney movie(s) and the original tale as much as I can, but there will be an obvious reference to Disney on the bottom part and yeah, I'll try to add the poor Philippe

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Wow! I didn't see that idea of a forest behind the interlacing coming.... That's a really great idea! Congratulations!
    Thanks Jo ! That forest was planned since the very begining as being the 'fellow' of the interlacing part, if it makes sense. The interlacing is supposed to symbolize the distance and the magic between the village and the castle, which is obviously not that close in reality. But well, that's one of the tales I tell to myself while drawing trees for 10 hours straight
    Last edited by MistyBeee; 03-05-2019 at 05:04 AM.

Excellent, just excellent.

Guild Expert

Wow, wow, is it even fair for you to compete in the challenges anymore as you’ll surely win with anything you do it’s so beautiful... and this pattern at the top I could gaze at it for days. As always it’s this whimsical nature that draws me to you’re work, and it might just be me, but this middle section just below the castle reminds me of a beetle with it’s legs crossed at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lazy One View Post
    Excellent, just excellent.
    Thanks Laz' ! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    Wow, wow, is it even fair for you to compete in the challenges anymore as you’ll surely win with anything you do it’s so beautiful... and this pattern at the top I could gaze at it for days. As always it’s this whimsical nature that draws me to you’re work, and it might just be me, but this middle section just below the castle reminds me of a beetle with it’s legs crossed at the back.
    You're too kind with me, Kacey !
    Hehe, I see what you mean with the beetle. Could it be the symbol of the witch who cursed the castle ? After all, why not ^^

--

Here we are finally, done with the linework and with the following additions and changes :
    - Corrected another interlacing mistake,
    - Added relief on the grass and texture on roads,
    - Added cliffs around the castle,
    - Added tiny people and tiny animals everywhere,
    - Finally added the bottom part of the border, with frame, roses, title banner and a glass globe for... well... obvious reference ^^

Now it's time for color !

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BeautyAndTheBeast_07_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	534.7 KB 
ID:	113998

And a few close ups about easter eggs I added for some of you (and a little one for me ) :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BeautyAndTheBeast_07closeups_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	129.0 KB 
ID:	113999

Hope you'll enjoy !

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast