Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: February 2019 Challenge: Greenbreaks Den

The shape of the pond loofs fine to me.

I'd maybe imagine to have less water, like just a small fall and some muddy water, low level of water, it should make sense in a marsh, but of course i'm not giving you a road to follow lol, i mean this is just an opinion/vision I share, as I do with other people's works in here. i mean, don't take it as a rule lol.

I think you are going great, but I decided to do not open this post anymore! I want to keep the surprise effect and check your work all in once. Will be hard, i'm such a curious persona

One hug!

Damn, Oni, where have you been hiding all this time? From what you said on my stream, I was under the impression you couldn't draw anything. And you can! This looks great. Why haven't we seen any maps from you before this?
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

@RenflowerGrapx : I agree with you, but... a marsh is really hard so... I'll do my best but maybe, I'll cheat a little ^^. And if you don't open this thread until the end... Well, I hope you will like the final result !

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Damn, Oni, where have you been hiding all this time? From what you said on my stream, I was under the impression you couldn't draw anything. And you can! This looks great. Why haven't we seen any maps from you before this?
    Thank you @Kellerica #^_^#
    I said I was not a mapmaker, which... I'm really not.
    I tried to draw few maps last year (because I see Beee drawing maps all the time ^^) for the first time but I felt very uncomfortable with it, so I decided to not explore further this way.

But... I have the old Beee's cintiq and time to time (one time by year ? Sometime more, often less), I catch something like a "drawing fever" and I spend, 30, 40, or more hours on one drawing and... It's done until the next time (no, I'm not crazy ^^).
    And also, two years ago, I did a personnal challenge : one day, one drawing (even if it was just 2 line in less than 1mn, but (-e-v-e-r-y- days)), for a year. This challenge learn me one thing : looking at the model and looking what I'm drawing and these two point dramatically improved my drawing skills.

Sooo, I'm cleary a beginner, especially in maps, and every thing takes me hours (I post only 2 stages but I draw a lot more than that), but It's true that it's not my first draw ever.
    And I also get some advices from Beee on how making things correctly (but she draws nothing on this painting ! All is mine ! She gaves me only advices and show me some of my biggest mistakes).

There is no cheat in art. Just flow and experiments. Lol this is what I think.

However I really hear you. I've not being drawing for years... And I started again since 7/8 monts because I was afraid to lose my "hand". And the challenge of a daily sketch inspired me.

No worries, do your best. I wanted to give you a really open task so ..surprise me.lol

And as said it was just an opinion don't feel any pressure by my side! Im just talkative!

Sent from my Lenovo A6020a40 using Tapatalk
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

Quote Originally Posted by Onirian View Post
    @RenflowerGrapx : I agree with you, but... a marsh is really hard so... I'll do my best but maybe, I'll cheat a little ^^. And if you don't open this thread until the end... Well, I hope you will like the final result !

Thank you @Kellerica #^_^#
    I said I was not a mapmaker, which... I'm really not.
    I tried to draw few maps last year (because I see Beee drawing maps all the time ^^) for the first time but I felt very uncomfortable with it, so I decided to not explore further this way.

But... I have the old Beee's cintiq and time to time (one time by year ? Sometime more, often less), I catch something like a "drawing fever" and I spend, 30, 40, or more hours on one drawing and... It's done until the next time (no, I'm not crazy ^^).
    And also, two years ago, I did a personnal challenge : one day, one drawing (even if it was just 2 line in less than 1mn, but (-e-v-e-r-y- days)), for a year. This challenge learn me one thing : looking at the model and looking what I'm drawing and these two point dramatically improved my drawing skills.

Sooo, I'm cleary a beginner, especially in maps, and every thing takes me hours (I post only 2 stages but I draw a lot more than that), but It's true that it's not my first draw ever.
    And I also get some advices from Beee on how making things correctly (but she draws nothing on this painting ! All is mine ! She gaves me only advices and show me some of my biggest mistakes).
    I hear you. I honestly don't draw that much either. I used to, when I was younger, but I don't anymore. Maps are the only exception to that rule. I don't know why, but when I started making maps something just clicked and I suddenly started enjoying making art, in a way that I had never really done before. But I still don't really do much else than maps.

And I do know what you mean about everything taking a long time... That is the most frustrating part of being a beginner. But I hope you'll have some fun with this, as I said I think you are doing a good job this far.

Oh, and by the way, do feel free to call me Kell Most people do.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Oh, and by the way, do feel free to call me Kell Most people do.
    Message received Kell ! :-))

Guild Expert

It’s so hard to keep track of all the threads this challenge. I can’t believe I’m just noticing this one now, and it’s a good thing I did because it looks great so far... Love the concept and the line work is coming along nicely, can’t wait to see this with colour.

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    can’t wait to see this with colour.
    Probably the first stage of colour testing will be the next preview.

But for now, it's only line refinement and creating shape.
    I know my lines are not consistents, but it's not really a problem since I plan to hide them all at the end.

(And if someone there had a great tutorial on how coloring this damn cliff in a semi realistic style, I'm interested !)

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	preview 03.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	113598

And here comes the first try of color with a semi cliff I redraw... too many times to really count it. The result is not exactly what I had in mind at the start but, here the goal is not to have a perfect map at the end but a "finished" map. So, let's go for this a I'll see where it takes me ^^.

Next step at the end of this weekend ^_^.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	preview 04.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	113719

Blog Entries

The rendering on those rocks is gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing more.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast