Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: February 2019 Challenge: Greenbreaks Den

Quote Originally Posted by Onirian View Post
    Because the second part... doesn't look like the first.
    First of all, the cliffs look good.
    Don't worry about it.
    (Easy to say, but...)

But if you want a more technical opinion:
    A) the rocks are drawn slightly differently on the left side. Not worth changing in my opinion.
    B) The colors are slightly different on the two sides. On my monitor, the right side has a sepia/sienna tone while the left side leans towards raw umber.
    Last edited by bkh1914; 02-26-2019 at 08:48 PM.

I like where you're going with this .

A very big thanks to all of you for all the encouragement ! Seriously !

And now... It's time for you all to discover that in reality I just don't know what I'm doing, with the second part of the cliff and a few more ^_^.
    Because the second part... doesn't look like the first.

I'm also not really happy with the vegetation but for now, I just don't have any idea on how to fix it, so for this map, I'll probably go with this.
    As I said before, found time and courage to complete this map before the deadline will be enough hard for me !

For the next steps, maybe more vegetation (tree or moss on the rocks, or if I could, some foliage in the cliff), probably color for the edge and, maybe too, beginning of the cavern (wall and floor, the furnitures will be for later).

### Latest WIP ###
    Attachment 113769
    Those cliffs are incredible , so realistic and tridimensional ... Keep up with the nice work .

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

It all seems very good to me.... I don't really see any problems with the cliff? I like the choice of colours and the atmosphere it gives, anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    This looks great! I really love the color of the rocks, I think that the vegetation looks good if you were to add some moss hanging over the cliff climbing down it a little I think that would look really nice.
    Thank you ! I hope so for the moss, but for now, my tests are not concluant. But I'll try again ^^.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    It's a cool look you have going here. Is the river muddy or are you just not colorizing it yet. I haven't read the brief so maybe it's supposed to be brown.
    As Ren said, It's a muddy river (Thank you Ren !)

Quote Originally Posted by RenflowerGrapx View Post
    I asked to have a mud/marsy setting. This was my request. Smelly but comfortable lol.

You are going great! It is amazing how different minds can interpretate each vision
    This is the charm of this challenge!
    I totally agree with you Ren !

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Oh, shush, you. It's coming along great! I love that muddy waterfall.
    Thank you very much Kellerica ! I'm glad you love it !

Quote Originally Posted by bkh1914 View Post
    First of all, the cliffs look good.
    Don't worry about it.
    (Easy to say, but...)

But if you want a more technical opinion:
    A) the rocks are drawn slightly differently on the left side. Not worth changing in my opinion.
    B) The colors are slightly different on the two sides. On my monitor, the right side has a sepia/sienna tone while the left side leans towards raw umber.
    Yes, I agree your technical opinion, I see the same problem. I hope with vegetation it will be slightly better. I'll see ^^.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    I like where you're going with this .
    Thank you Ilanthar !

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    Those cliffs are incredible , so realistic and tridimensional ... Keep up with the nice work .
    Incredible ! You are too kind with me Naima :-)

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    It all seems very good to me.... I don't really see any problems with the cliff? I like the choice of colours and the atmosphere it gives, anyway
    As bkh1914 said before, the problem is about the color (one is more "sepia" than the other) and the second problem is that the two cliff doesn't have really the same structure.
    But I'm glad you love it ^^.

Thank you all for your comment. A new update will come this night or maybe tomorow ;-).

I think most of us are our own toughest critics, but as everyone else has already pointed out, this is quite good indeed. The cliffs look stylized and as such are quite beautifully rendered. I don't see any issue with the vegetation. All in all this is shaping up quite nicely.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Hi everyone !

Here is a big update for Greenbreak's Den ^_^.
    This map is not really what I had in mind when I starded but now my goal is just to finish it before the end of this challenge, and... it's a challenge ^_^.
    I'll probably not have the time to create all the vegetation I wanted on the cliff... I'll see ^^.

So I hope you'll like it !

I know there is still a ton of adjustment but the global tone is here.
    And Ren, as you wanted, I put a LOT of leaves for the decoration !

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	preview 06.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	940.5 KB 
ID:	114164

Hi everyone !

Here is a big update for Greenbreak's Den ^_^.
    This map is not really what I had in mind when I starded but now my goal is just to finish it before the end of this challenge, and... it's a challenge ^_^.
    I'll probably not have the time to create all the vegetation I wanted on the cliff... I'll see ^^.

So I hope you'll like it !

I know there is still a ton of adjustment but the global tone is here.
    And Ren, as you wanted, I put a LOT of leaves for the decoration !

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	preview 06.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	940.5 KB 
ID:	114164
    Finally!

This is so wild! I love hand lettering and the leaves \o/

Sent from my Lenovo A6020a40 using Tapatalk
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

Blog Entries

Beautiful work, Onirian. Hope you get time to finish it as you want to.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

I love the way this is turning out, I wish you luck in finishing it before the challenge ends!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast