Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: February 2019 Challenge: The Staggered Goat Tavern

Adding the color to the iso map really makes it stand out

Quote Originally Posted by Tonquani View Post
    Thanks everyone - it's been great fun to so so far.

@Diamond - Yes, but you haven't seen how many pieces of paper have been scrapped and how many times I've started again, trying to first draw everything correctly, and then trace it onto one master illustration to scan in. This must be the most environmentally unfriendly map ever...

Anyway, lots of colour done - I think I am more or less starting to settle on the final colour scheme...

### Latest WIP ###
    Attachment 113748
    This is looking really good, Very good detailing on all levels !

The outhouse cracks me up. I really like the floor downstairs and you putting in the structural beams, great touch and keeps it from being just a boring square room. Lovely work.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

The linework and detailing looks great. I look forward to seeing the map once you've add light and shadow to it.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by aeshnidae View Post
    Yes! I'm loving the top-down map (but I always love your top-down maps). In case it helps with color, Cheapside is based on Ward, Colorado, and other gritty towns in the mountains.
    Thanks aeshnidae, that really helps - I am probably going to go for a very low opacity wash in the final and rely on some parchment for texture, but we will see - I would love to get that whole mountains/snow/rock/pine trees look from your pictures, but time is not my friend at the moment - I think I may be a tad pushed to come up with something that looks vaguely finished. I am not really happy with the top down map, but may have to make do as I don't have time to do another.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Adding the color to the iso map really makes it stand out
    Thanks Bogie - really struggling deciding what to do with colour - as mentioned above, I may dispense with the dominant colours and go with a lighter wash, but then add loads of shadows / dirt etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    This is looking really good, Very good detailing on all levels !
    Thanks Naima!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    The outhouse cracks me up. I really like the floor downstairs and you putting in the structural beams, great touch and keeps it from being just a boring square room. Lovely work.
    Ha! I love that fact that you can't quite sit on the "throne" as I got the angle completely wrong - too late to change - I'll just have to make up a story about why it's at the angle that it is...

And there's loads more to go it still (benches, tables and chairs, barrels, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    The linework and detailing looks great. I look forward to seeing the map once you've add light and shadow to it.
    Thanks arsheesh, that and getting the final layout right are probably the biggest remaining jobs...

Anyway, heres the map with some more shading / colour additions...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	4.64 MB 
ID:	114070

And here's the latest WIP with no map attached (yet)
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	sg lines.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	4.18 MB 
ID:	114071

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tonquani View Post
    Ha! I love that fact that you can't quite sit on the "throne" as I got the angle completely wrong - too late to change - I'll just have to make up a story about why it's at the angle that it is...
    Oh that's easy, a bar fight gone wrong. Someone got shoved into the crapper and now it's all askew!

Haha, yes indeed, those sorts of stories are the easier ones to invent!

Anyway, I'm getting closer (but also rapidly running out of time. At the moment I have a disparate assortment of bits and am going to add another to the mix, before I try to bring them all together nicely.

I give you...... a goat!

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	goat.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	494.9 KB 
ID:	114216

So a first go at assembling all the bits - lots of changes to come methinks!

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	sg complete.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	10.45 MB 
ID:	114218

Iso can drive you a bit buggy. I once modeled Eschers Relativity in a 3d program and couldn't see straight for the drive home from work.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

I'm totally loving it! The goat is great!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast