Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: February 2019 Challenge : KC Outpost Nr 09020317

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Great start! I'm sure it's gonna be splendid with colors & shading.
    Thanks ! I'm waiting for the colors and shade too... It's not easy to take your time and really finalasing inking

Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    This is looking awesome!
    Thanks a lot !

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Oh, promising, really promising ! All the ingredients are there for something amazing, Jo !
    Thanks ! I hope I won't blow it !

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    Oh very sneaky you are....I see how you worked Kacey (KC) in there several times.

Love the iso approach. As much as I've tried, I've never been able to get it to look right, but this looks like it is going to be awesome.
    Thanks... Yes, there will be a lot of KC (with the K inverted) in this outpost... Since I choose this logo as the sign of the lost civilisation.

For the ISO, I assure you it's not that difficult, once you put a grid on a layer... then, you just fellow the lign of the grid... It might be slighty more difficult if it was with perspective... But then, again, some software allow you to automatically draw a grid with perspective.

Amazing start JO. I think this will be one of my top picks this month

Cheers,
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by tainotim View Post
    Amazing start JO. I think this will be one of my top picks this month

Cheers,
    Karl
    Thanks a lot Karl !

I know I said I really wanted to work on the inking and details before moving to colour, but I admit it's difficult! I often run out of ideas, I find the architecture and technology of this civilization more "old" than "advanced", I have the impression that I repeat many elements, the perspective and scale are difficult to respect, I try to avoid using the software to draw the lines and draw the lines myself, but it is often "bumpy"... In short, I think I rely a lot on colours, lights and shadows so that everything is not too bad... But I don't want to rush the end of the inking and botch this part either.... I have to be patient !
    I think I have done a little more than half of the details and I hope to come up with more good detail ideas for the last parts. In the meantime, here's where I am:

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Outpost_KC 02.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	113516

There is a lot of detail here! I'm with you I can't wait to see color to this!

Really Excellent ! I'm jealous about your lines ! ^_^.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    There is a lot of detail here! I'm with you I can't wait to see color to this!
    Thanks a lot ! Unfortunately I think I'll have to wait more... I'm not very happy with what I reached... I'll try another way.

Quote Originally Posted by Onirian View Post
    Really Excellent ! I'm jealous about your lines ! ^_^.
    Thanks a lot, but you shouldn’t : it’s wobbly and I have a lot of trouble with perspective and scale...

As I said, I find that I took a wrong turn with this one : it doesn’t look like an old lost advanced civilisation, but more like an old human outpost with kind of retro-futuristic technology...

I tried something a bit different, but I think I'll wait for Kacey to choose between those two ways...

Here's what I came up with in a more mysterious technology... I'm still not sure it fits the requirements...

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	21144837-67DF-48CC-A74B-91B79024DEFA.jpeg 
Views:	46 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	113627

Guild Expert

Don't wait on me... I really like what you were doing in the first version. This new version is more what I had in mind, but that's the fun of this challenge isn't it? Seeing how someone else interprets you're ideas. It's more the style I'm after, the content isn't really a big concern so do whatever you think is best...I'm sure it will turn out either way.

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    Don't wait on me... I really like what you were doing in the first version. This new version is more what I had in mind, but that's the fun of this challenge isn't it? Seeing how someone else interprets you're ideas. It's more the style I'm after, the content isn't really a big concern so do whatever you think is best...I'm sure it will turn out either way.
    Hey Kacey !

I finally went for the setup you had more in mind... it made more sense to me too !
    I think I'm almost done with inking, but before going on with colours and all the rest, I wanted your approval. I think it’s more or less conform with your requirements so far, but most of all I hope you like it ? Tell me if you want some changes I would gladly draw them.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	F9D1FA09-000D-4E83-A2B6-E894F9D17A96.jpeg 
Views:	47 
Size:	3.44 MB 
ID:	113738

Maybe some explanations :

The whole donjon is a kind of outpost of a lost advanced civilisation. You had to press the right symbols to enter the main gate, which looks like an old temple. The main symbol of this civilisation is a sign that can be read with today’s eyes like a « C » lying on a reverted « K » (I know I didn’t went very far to find this one....) in the center of the « C » usually lies a source of energy : a big blue glowing sphere...but they are nearly all smashed and destroyed by time in the whole outpost, now. A little bit further, outside, lies a destroyed short range teleportation portal.

Once inside, two chambers are on the right hand side : incoming and outgoing long distance teleportation portals. All along the hallway are some symbols carved in the wall: the symbol indicates the floor and the whole thing is glowing, because it’s the lighting system.

In most of the rooms, the decoration is made of strange cylindrical statues. It was meaning something at that time, but the signification is long time lost. Now it’s just strange looking guys, sometime funny, sometime scary, sometime odd, sometime just ill-drawn...

On the floor below lies the holographic communications chambers (2 long range, 2 short range, and the broken energy sphere that used to power them), and the main hall, with a fake big energy sphere. It was a place of gathering or a common room.

The floor below is more of a « distribution » hall (can’t find the right word) : stairs to go down, and in different hallways, doors allowing to go further down in the outpost. But a wall broke down and water flooded everything below. There’s also a kind of fountain or ritual pool. On the back of one of the two statue of the fountain, there's a symbol : it triggers the mechanism to open the underwater tunnel that allows to reach the secret chamber with the main energy sphere... but it’s another fake one... the access was a bit obvious... it’s because there’s another secret chamber. The access is also in the fountain, but on the ground of the pool. It can be opened by one of the light symbol in front of the pool (note that one of these symbol is different) and it’s in that room that the real energy sphere is hidden (well protected, I hope)

I hope the whole explanation makes sense ? Tell me if something seems too far fetched... I hope you’ll like it...

Uhm.....WOW!! So many little details. This is gonna be EP... Er, uhm, Stupendous!
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast