Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apis House and the Tower of Bombus

Map Apis House and the Tower of Bombus

Because I just wasn't busy enough, I did some writing over the weekend.
    I had finished this piece a few weeks back but didn't have the story to go with it.
    So I held off on posting it.
    But over the weekend I wrote a bunch of the Withering story and was just in the right frame of mind to write some more.
    I really am trying to promote this blog for my story work, so I just sort of drop a bit of teaser in and leave the link, if you want the rest.

That said, hope you enjoy this one. It was a fun little story.
    Client work is going to demand my time, so updates on Kanoba will be a bit slower from here on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Apis House and the Tower of Bombus by jstevenson.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	113357

Apis House, and the Tower of Bombus

Out on the road to Fayde, as one heads toward the city of Rognal,
    you can see for miles on a nice clear day. As you pass through the vale of Dalk,
    heading north of the Bune hills, there is a pleasant rocky expanse looking out over the plain of Thoon.
    The locals call it the Rankles, or at least they do in Crone.
    Over in Crune, they have a different name for it, but it’s terribly inappropriate for polite conversation.

Regardless, it’s a beautiful place; Fine rolling meadows and grasslands full of wild flowers and bees.
    Some of the best honey in all of Thuhes comes from that region, and it’s there that the Rabust Bee Farmers’ Union was formed.

You can catch the rest of the story over at the blog - https://www.doorsofdream.com/2019/02...of-bombus.html
    I’m going to be posting more of the full stories over there. I may do some updates to some stories already on DeviantArt.
    Some of the places and backstories do have more that I never included here, just due to their length, mostly.
    Sometimes the story has evolved since I posted it. Hope you enjoy it. Cheers, J

If you enjoy my work, you can support me over on my blog -
    https://www.doorsofdream.com/p/contact.html
    or at https://www.patreon.com/imaginebetterworlds
    Last edited by J.Edward; 02-11-2019 at 07:45 PM.

Wow J! This map is stunning, I love the gold with the blue for the building. It's classy and clean. When I have time I will try and read the backstory, I'm sure it's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    Wow J! This map is stunning, I love the gold with the blue for the building. It's classy and clean. When I have time I will try and read the backstory, I'm sure it's awesome!
    Thanks Domino I just realized my link was broken. Fixed now.
    I've been doing a few things with the gold and blue. It's a nice combo.
    Makes me think of some fantasy scenes. Plus I felt I was over using the grey roofs.

Guild Expert

The blue and gold really does work and I like how it carries through to the blog which is beautiful btw...Though I have to say I was a bit disappointed when I clicked on a door and it didn’t take me to another world.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I... want to live there...

TAKE MY REP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another beauty John! Really like the contrasting eaves(?) in yellow. It's a nice detail that adds a lot to the building and overall map. The detailed landscape around, the pond, the jetty... is lovely once again!
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Great as usual! I really enjoy the tone of the water.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Love it! Is it markers?

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Your series of "little" maps is simply beautiful... To each his own story, your whole world is taking shape! I see the possibility of publishing a magnificent book of stories and illustrations! I know I'd buy it!

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    The blue and gold really does work and I like how it carries through to the blog which is beautiful btw...Though I have to say I was a bit disappointed when I clicked on a door and it didn’t take me to another world.
    Thanks Kacey
    Hehe, I would so love to do that with the site, but I am beyond a noob with html and code not code my way out of an open box.
    That would be loads of fun though. Especially if there was some sort of transition animation to go with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    I... want to live there...

TAKE MY REP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Me too, let's go. I'm ready for a Bombus filled vacation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    Another beauty John! Really like the contrasting eaves(?) in yellow. It's a nice detail that adds a lot to the building and overall map. The detailed landscape around, the pond, the jetty... is lovely once again!
    Thanks Abu
    Yeah, it was intended to be like gold accents on the roofing and such.
    I have another city map that shows those sorts of details in perspective, but it's a long way from done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Great as usual! I really enjoy the tone of the water.
    Thanks Kell I keep messing with different tones for water.
    Each one has a different feel and appeal to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MapMappingMapped View Post
    Love it! Is it markers?
    Thanks MMM
    Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Your series of "little" maps is simply beautiful... To each his own story, your whole world is taking shape! I see the possibility of publishing a magnificent book of stories and illustrations! I know I'd buy it!
    Thanks Joel
    That is the plan, though I don't know how long it will take.
    I did just have a break through this weekend and wrote a long section of a different story.
    That was a big thing for me as I never manage to sit and write that long.
    So that's good news.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast