Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: February 2019 Challenge: Soel's Garrison

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m5.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	113727
    ### Latest WIP ###

ok. this is my 2nd work on iso i ever made and i'm finding so much difficulties. trying not to give up

If you haven't setup the points using some kind of guideline it might help. I'm not an expert but I know others here have done it. At least that helps you to keep the perspective right. Although, so far I think you are hanging in there.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Definitely don't give up. As Jax said, you seem to be hanging in there so far. And even if the perspective isn't perfect in a few places, it might serve to give the map a little character, kind of like the random ink blob/spill adds a little "something" to some maps rather than harming/ruining them.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I think the thing that upsets the perspective is that little mesa right behind and to the left of the fortress. It presents a much flatter top profile compared to everything else. If you redrew that one thing to be in line with the 'tilt' of the other mesas, I think you'd be okay.

And also: this is 1000% better than I could've done it, that's for sure.

Praise

Quote Originally Posted by RenflowerGrapx View Post
    Help! I don't know what I'm doing
    Yeah, same here !
    I suggest a name for our team : the "JS Team" (because "You know nothing, Jon Snow"), and I have the exact same feeling as you when I draw my own commission
    I just don't know where I goes and I'm looking on youtube tutorial at the same time I try to render things, but... I don't care, I go ^^.
    Just do the same, and at the end, I'm sure you'll be surprised by your own talent :-).

Feel free, have fun and please continue, I want to see more !

And for you, the Dance for the Brave, in ascii art ^^ :
    Code:
    \\o     
    \o/
    o//
    \o/

Coming along nicely .

Thank you for encouraging. I appreciate your support.
    I admit I'm using a grid for the structures, to help me with that prospect. But I realize now I didn't use it for the surrounding area, and now, that everything is taking form, I can feel this gap.

So I will redo the surrounding area and maybe change the layout.

Never applied so much on structures, but i won't give up! The ASCII dance was so powerful hihi.

Sent from my Lenovo A6020a40 using Tapatalk
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

No need to be scared, the little castle is a very good start! There is a lot of potential for this map! In my opinion you can continue to design the buildings, maybe the rest will come by itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Onirian View Post
    Yeah, same here !
    I suggest a name for our team : the "JS Team" (because "You know nothing, Jon Snow"), and I have the exact same feeling as you when I draw my own commission
    That made me laugh...

Ren, this is looking really nice already. Iso is very difficult to get right because it's so easy to plainly see any and all mistakes. Unfortunately I think the best advise I can give you is to continue to keep trying different things that work well for you, look at others work for inspiration. I know you can do it! I think of these challenges as an opportunity to learn new things, build up my portfolio, and have fun! We are all cheering for you!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m7.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	113828
    ### Latest WIP ###

Oh Gosh. I'm sadly announce that i'll need to move from the JS team earlier than expected. Or at least i need to "dissociate" for a while, as even if i almost wanted to cry in the beginning its like if everything starts to make sense.

Now I gotta run a little and place the main piece of the challenge as well, the jail.
    But i better focus on the small garrison as long as i am able to level up my ISO-stats. lol.

What a challenge.
    Thank you Guys for your support. I promise i'll shortly re-join the Js team again.
    Looking forward to re-new my member card

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast