Thread: Anri's Battlemaps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map

Tried a few shadowfell maps this time. Not entirely happy with how they came out.

Because of how the shadowfell is, I wanted them to be spiky, alien, and dark...almost monochrome. The end result was kind of flat and boring. A little color processing at the end made them pop a bit more but still not much. Couldn't decide originally if I wanted the water to be dark and murky but otherwise normal water or lava. In hindsight, the lava might have helped bring a bit more color in.

The shadowfell wilderness map is mainly for random encounters while the party is traveling about.
    The castle map is the home of one of the main villains of the campaign that they would have to fight their way up to.
    The full-size version of the castle map is over twice the dimensions of the wilderness one.

Still have one exterior map in this series left to make; a shadar-kai settlement. Didn't work on it with these because I hadn't decided what architectural style to use yet for the buildings.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shadowfell Wilderness.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	297.0 KB 
ID:	113575Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shadowfell Castle.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	322.3 KB 
ID:	113574

On to something a little more colorful next...

Map

Was working on a pirate cave hideout but then had an idea and this one jumped the queue.

Witch's Holler is a map for a mini-campaign I was writing a long time ago to be test area for a game system I was making. Back then, it was set in the victorian era and the maps were isometric. Now I'm re-writing it for standard D&Dish medieval fantasy and with overhead maps. Unfortunately, some parts of the old campaign are pretty victorian-era specific and will just be cut from this version. I suppose if my campaign world was high-fantasy, a mood-setting ghost story set on the train ride to the town could work a number of ways. Not so much in a somewhat low-fantasy setting though.

Pretty much the only thing brought over from the original map is the witch's house itself. Although that still had to be re-created because I couldn't find the .pz3 file. I was bad about not saving models that I didn't think I'd need again back then.

Even though the full-size map is only 15000x15000 pixels, there are so many layers due to all the plants down in the swamp area that it started to bog down photoshop.

Back to the pirate cave...

Name:	Witch's HollerB.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	291.5 KB 
ID:	113741

These are probably the best battlemaps I've ever seen. I really hope you get a game going again man! If the maps are an indication of how even half good the games are they'd be pretty frickin' awesome. Full res would be super appreciated.

Are you open to commission work? I think your style of encounter maps work perfectly with the gritty adventure book I'm making for D&D 5e. Would you be able to email me at dndadventuresofficial@gmail.com so we can discuss further?

Quote Originally Posted by Anri View Post
    Was working on a pirate cave hideout but then had an idea and this one jumped the queue.

Witch's Holler is a map for a mini-campaign I was writing a long time ago to be test area for a game system I was making. Back then, it was set in the victorian era and the maps were isometric. Now I'm re-writing it for standard D&Dish medieval fantasy and with overhead maps. Unfortunately, some parts of the old campaign are pretty victorian-era specific and will just be cut from this version. I suppose if my campaign world was high-fantasy, a mood-setting ghost story set on the train ride to the town could work a number of ways. Not so much in a somewhat low-fantasy setting though.

Pretty much the only thing brought over from the original map is the witch's house itself. Although that still had to be re-created because I couldn't find the .pz3 file. I was bad about not saving models that I didn't think I'd need again back then.

Even though the full-size map is only 15000x15000 pixels, there are so many layers due to all the plants down in the swamp area that it started to bog down photoshop.

Back to the pirate cave...

Name:	Witch's HollerB.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	291.5 KB 
ID:	113741