Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: City of Arnagh

New Update. I've had a few days off work so here is some more line work done. Just need to add the hill behind the castle for some verticality and the farmland/a few buildings outside the walls and then it's time to shadow and color.

Let me know what you think, the castle took a few iterations, but i'm happy with the result.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arnagh.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	3.04 MB 
ID:	117031

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Well done for coming this far!!

It is really forming into a good city map.

One note I would make is, the Roof of the Castle is a different angle of perspective than most of the rest of the map. So, it does feel a bit strange. Still, that said, I really enjoy the direction you are heading. Also, it might be time to start adding some(even if it sparse) detail to the outside of the city.

Good luck with the rest!

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

I like the castle. The only thing I'd change is the tree in the courtyard, I'd extend it down just a bit further so it's eclipsed by the tower in front, or push the trunk up just a few pixels, so there's either no gap, or a visible gap between it and the tower wall. The perspective makes me imagine that the castle is on a slant up on a cliff-side, so I think you could really make it work if you give some surrounding details which allow for that perspective change so it's situated in a valley and rising up the side of the hill. If you add anything else to the city, I'd go with little paths from the doors of houses, and maybe a few odd trees here and there. It's really coming together.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Color! Well some of it. i started adding color to give myself a break from linework, but I managed to add the hill at the back for the castle. i was in the process of adding in some farmland/orchards to the bottom right. I'll come back and finish this soon, hopefully in the next few days or so.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arnagh.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	3.25 MB 
ID:	117161

i do agree, i will be adding roads to every house, as well as adding more outside the walls of the city, I just have to figure out what else i can put out there that makes sense.

This really pops a lot better now that you've colored the walls! The ruined section of the city has my mind running wild with roleplaying opportunity. Can't wait to see this finished!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12