Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: City of Arnagh

Post City of Arnagh

The start of the city of Arnagh, im drawing this one using the tablet rather than my last city based project which used the path tool, textures and some script-fu. I think it'll have a sort of isometric view to it, something i'm not too good at drawing but i'm going to give it a shot. The path of the river also isn't fixed at this time, I don't like it's current flow, I have already decided to change that. I do also plan on adding in some gatehouses to the upper two districts, and before anybody says my perspective is a bit off for the uppermost district, I haven't drawn it in yet but there is a bit of a hill on the north side of the city.

Otherwise let me know what you think of the overall design, and if I seem to have missed something.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arnagh.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	113593

The City of Arnagh, Capital of Arn and house of one of the four valley kings. The largest and most stable of kingdoms, Arn is surrounded by mountains to its east, the sea to its south and west, but shares a border with a rival in the north. For the past century the kingdom has seen peace, sheltered from the woes of the world by it's natural barriers. But that is about to change. This map is part of a running tabletop D&D game I am running as the DM, which we stream on twitch.tv called "Quest Vault" if you want to stop on by.
    Cheers!

I really like the parchment style, and I'm sure once you start adding in details, it'll be pretty amazing! It's just a WIP, but I would suggest an outline around the river, in a similar hue for the other lines! I'll be looking forward to how this turns out.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Nice start! I really like your direction with the walls. They look real good. I look forward to seeing this one progress. Keep up the good work

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

I do like what you've started with the walls especially. Looking forward to seeing the progression.
    Be legendary.
    My game assets and maps at Icon Dungeon

Wip

Updated the walls and changed the location of a few details. Added a closer representation to what the roads will look like in the final version, though not exactly. I've also added a bit of detail to the walls to give them some texture. I do want your opinions though on how to do the battlement along the outer walls. Whether or not it should stay as it is or changed to look more like the stone guard-house near the bridge at the center. I've also added the bones of some buildings, just to get a feel for how the rest of the city will end up forming.

As far as the river goes Yaro, I do plan on adding a kind of stonework like what you would find on the banks of Seine in Paris.

Please let me know what you think!

Views:	69 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	113691

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Keep doing what you are doing. This is really good line art.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Wip

Here we go again, new update. Several months in the making. Wish I had more free time to work on this. Let me know if you see any mistakes or if you just wanna let me know what you think. Yes I will color it more later. I am looking for any tips on how to draw the big castle at the back since I have no idea how I'm going to tackle that.

Views:	127 
Size:	2.64 MB 
ID:	116810

Damn that's a lot of detail. And so hard to tell it's digital, the brush you used is a really good ink mimicker.

Here's a worthy historical castle reference. Some very useful parts to observe for the style you're angle for. http://biblio.unibe.ch/web-apps/maps...40.jpg&col=ryh

And a great one from on the Guild. https://cartographersguild.com/showt...=map+clearwine
    Last edited by Tiana; 08-01-2019 at 09:20 AM.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Thank You Tiana, both references are greatly appreciated!

A lot of work here already, and you have all my compassion for it ! Very good job so far

Edit : Oh. Starting with a ground plan is often handy for castles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast